No Wifi after December Windows update

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JosephL6, Dec 18, 2018.

1. JosephL6

JosephL6 Junior Member

After running Windows Update this morning, Windows no longer "sees" any Wifi connections, and "thinks" it is connected by ethernet (but it is connected by Wifi). Several programs are broken, including Office360. When I try to repair/reinstall them, Office tells me I am not connected. I've tried resetting the network adapters several times, to no avail. Anyone else having problems after the new update?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. JosephL6

JosephL6 Junior Member

I was able to roll back to the previous version - a word to the wise, be careful of the major update!

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JosephL6, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow https://bit.ly/2N1mrkW to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it then kindly go to Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Network 1 and change it to Default adapter ( Bridged mode).

4. JosephL6

JosephL6 Junior Member

Thank you. After I rolled back to the earlier windows version, I reinstalled parallels tools and everything works fine. The network is currently set to "shared"-is that OK?

5. BalazsT

BalazsT Bit poster

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I can't roll back because it is controlled by my company policy. Anyone has a solution?

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Let us know if you have any questions.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Have you tried reinstalling Parallels Tools?

8. BalazsT

BalazsT Bit poster

I tried. No luck.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the exact issue/error you are getting. Also, confirm if you are unable to connect to a particular network?

10. BalazsT

BalazsT Bit poster

• I have Wifi over my macOS.
    • My VM Win10 says I don't connect to the internet, but when I check the available networks I see the I connected to ethernet network (attached screenshot)
    • I don't have internet over Edge (attached screenschot), however I have internet access over any other browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox).
    • My biggest problem is the Office programs says I don't connect to the internet, so I can't access my onedrive files, can't work with SharePoint. (attached screenschot, my Word is Hungarian) However I can access my onedrive and SharePoint files over file explorer.
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 9.05.30.png Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 9.07.22.png Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 9.05.52.png

11. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @BalazsT , seems like an issue with Edge and Office . Can you please try rearing office programs and check if that helps?

12. BalazsT

BalazsT Bit poster

13. If you have any antivirus/firewall protection enabled on the Mac, please disable and check if it works. Also, make sure that the Windows is up to date.

14. JohnH38

JohnH38 Bit poster

So far I know, roll back is the perfect solution.

15. BalazsT

BalazsT Bit poster

Ok, but people shouldn't use old Windows version forever.
    How will it get fixed? I guess MS wouldn't fix it, so a new parallels version should, right?

16. JohnC50

JohnC50 Bit poster

I ended up resetting Windows 10 and got my wifi network connection back. Now I need to reinstall apps and reconfigure other aspects of Windows. Reminds me of why I made the move to Mac a few years ago.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  17. JulianP5

JulianP5 Bit poster

hey, so i had this same problem and came to this thread but couldn't get any resolution from these solutions, and didn't really want to do any hard resetting and reinstallation. But I realized that it had occurred when I was at a new location, on a new wi fi network, and I then went into my windows firewalls and took them all down (I think it was the public network one that did it), and then restarted and now I'm all good to go-still connected through ethernet for some reason but I'll pretend my Windows thinks its plugged in via ethernet to my Mac because I'm a simpleton and don't care so much. So maybe that can help someone in the future.