Failed to get the Video youtube

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RazanA, Nov 9, 2018.

1. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Appreciate it, thanks Sergk.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

OwenS,

we had a look into your report - your version of Parallels Toolbox uses old version of library that downloads the video. That is the reason of your issue. But it is very strange because 2.0.4 must have newest one. Let's gather more info:
    1. You need to turn ON extended logging in Toolbox - in Terminal application run this command:
    defaults write com.parallels.toolbox ExtendedLogging 1
    2. Restart Parallels Toolbox
    3. Try to check for updates: open Toolbox -->cogwheel --> Check for Updates.
    4. Try to download one of the video you've experienced problems with.
    4. Then generate another one Technical Report and send it.

3. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hi Sergk,
    The ID for this one is: 294312707
    I tried 1 from youtube that failed, and 1 from another source as examples.

As for the version, I can understand that the version that's on my machine with my outright purchase of the Parallels software and toolbox I wouldn't be due for any upgrades, however the other two people who currently use this software have purchased it only half a year ago, and the other person about the same.
    Would you like the "Cleverbridge reference number"?

For me, I accept that unless I purchase an upgraded version I wouldn't be given an upgrade, however for the other two who have only had their license for a short period of time, I would suspect that they should be awarded the newer version if the old version doesn't do what it was advertised to do.

Thanks,

Owen

4. sergk

If you bought Parallels Toolbox (or Parallels Desktop) subscription then upgrade to newer version is free.

Anyway, even the old version of Toolbox (2.0.4) must have up-to-date version of video downloading library. And currently we're trying to understand why your version of Toolbox doesn't have it.

5. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

No subscription, these were outright purchases, so they're not entitled to the upgrade per-se.

Actually, i'll point out that it's not just mine that doesn't have the update, but 2 others that I know of.
    Thanks for looking into this.

6. Irmantas

Irmantas Bit poster

Hi, I have same problem with paralles toolbox 3.0.0. The problem is: can't download video from youtube. Report ID is 294907895. I have reinstalled this application few times with no results. Of course I did some actions that found in your forum here it is related with this problem, like:
    "1. You need to turn ON extended logging in Toolbox - in Terminal application run this command:
    defaults write com.parallels.toolbox ExtendedLogging 1
    2. Restart Parallels Toolbox
    3. Try to check for updates: open Toolbox -->cogwheel --> Check for Updates.
    4. Try to download one of the video you've experienced problems with.
    4. Then generate another one Technical Report and send it."

7. sergk

OwenS,
    we've updated the library for downloading video. Please relaunch Parallels Toolbox and Download Video tool and try to download problem videos again. If problem persists then pleas generate and send another Technical Data report.

8. sergk

Irmantas,
    from your report I see that you have a crashes of Downloading Video tool. Is it true that you're don't receive downloading errors and tool just crashes or closes without any messages?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  9. Irmantas

Irmantas Bit poster

Sergk,
    Yes it is true:
    upload_2019-1-22_22-2-28.png

10. sergk

Irmantas,

looks like you also have a problems with the binary that downloads the videos. Our new version of binary could fix the issue. So our advise for you is:
    1) Make sure that extended logging is turned ON
    2) Quit from Download Video
    3) Restart Parallels Toolbox.
    4) Check for updates or just wait 1-2 minutes
    5) Launch Download Video tool and try to download video again

If problem persists then please generate and send report with technical data again.

11. Irmantas

Irmantas Bit poster

Hello Sergk,
    problem persist. ID 295036383
    Updates can't be found:
    upload_2019-1-23_15-15-55.jpeg

I found one issue that maybe can be related with this problem (I'm not sure about that is only hypothetic guess).
    upload_2019-1-23_15-18-2.png

12. Hi @Irmantas we need more info from you, could you please execute the following command in Terminal and provide us with the command output.
    /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c print ~/Library/Group\ Containers/4C6364ACXT.com.parallels.toolbox/Library/Preferences/4C6364ACXT.com.parallels.toolbox.plist

ls -lAR ~/Library/Group\ Containers/4C6364ACXT.com.parallels.toolbox/Resources/

md5 ~/Library/Group\ Containers/4C6364ACXT.com.parallels.toolbox/Resources/com.parallels.toolbox.DownloadVideo/dl

Looking forward to your reply.

13. Irmantas

Irmantas Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    Please see attached files.

Attached Files:

14. Irmantas

Irmantas Bit poster

Hello,
    after last toolbox (3.1.0) update the problem is gone.
    Thank you.

15. sergk

Irmantas,
    glad to hear it!

16. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hi Sergk,

Sorry for the delay.

It seems that's worked for one of the video's I had issues with previously - I will test further and report back if there's any issues.

Many thanks!

Owen

17. JimT5

JimT5 Bit poster

I have same problem... downloaded free trial of video downloader and youtube does not work. On Mac. I have parallels, just my free trial of toolkit expired so downloaded free trial of video downloader. Happy to buy it if it works, but it doesn't. I updated it to latest version, still doesn't work.

18. sergk

19. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

HI Sergk,

It appears that my Video downloader is working great, however my parents one is still not working.

Theirs is a little different as they just purchased the Video Downloader as a stand-alone product, and not part of the toolbox application.
    https://sharingiscaring.ddns.net:5001/sharing/wqlBiIUVf
    (ignore certificate error)
    In any case, it's version 1.6.0 (920).
    It has the ability to update within the Video Download app from the menu, but it says there's no more downloads and it's already up-to-date.

Hope you can help.

20. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Any chance of an update on this issue?

Cheers!