[SOLVED] Windows 7: Installation status got stuck, unable to update Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by YuriC, Jan 26, 2019.

1. YuriC

YuriC Junior Member

Parallels Desktop 14
    Guests: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and Professional
    Support ID: 295634604
    Problem: after Windows installation finished, virtual machine window stays in Installation mode forever (see screenshot)
    In this state unable to install Parallels Tools, and Windows Updates exits with the error 80072EE2.
    When pressing "Continue Manually..." nothing changes.
    There is no problem with Windows DVD, I was testing in Virtualbox, it was successfully installed and updated
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 10.46.10.png

2. YuriC

YuriC Junior Member

UPDATE
    My bad, I was testing the installer media on different laptop
    When I installed Virtualbox on the same Macbook as Parallels, it suffered the same problem with the Windows Update!
    It may narrow the scope of the problem, but I still have no idea, firewall on the Macbook is disabled, nothing prevents installation, it was working fine maybe month ago with the same installer

3. Hi YuriC. Please disable/uninstall the Norton antivirus installed on the Mac and try with the installation once again.

YuriC likes this.
  4. YuriC

YuriC Junior Member

Thank you Sathiya! I should have checked it first of course.
    Norton Security enabled its firewall without any notifications, which I don't need at all (I already use PF+Murus GUI), and blocked Parallels Desktop and other applications.
    Hope this solution help other users.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Let us know if you face any issues, let us know.