No Menu Icons Since Updating Parallels Toolbox

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SandyG1, Jan 23, 2019.

1. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

I have just updated Version 3.0.0 (2073) of Parallels Toolbox. Since doing so I have lost the majority of my menu icons and spent over an hour trying different application icons back. Icons for programs like Dropbox, Box SYnc, OneDrive would not appear even though the applications were running. Also, Parallels Toolbox and Parallels icons not showing. Preference set to show icons. Parallels Access icon is showing.

Using Spotlight Search I can open toolbox but the window appears off the screen and no visible icon. The only way to view the Toolbox application options is to change the screen resolution to Scaled - More Space but still no icon.

As there is no Parallels icon unable to use the Actions menu and options like switching to Coherence.

I have uninstalled Toolbox and reinstalled but no luck so far

Help is greatly appreciated

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Are you using a standalone Parallels Toolbox or bundle which is included with Parallels Desktop.

3. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Bundled with Parallels Desktop 14 Pro.
    However, after a number of shutdowns/restarts and unistall/reinstall of Toolbox in the last few days, the icons have restored themselves....

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. @SandyG1 please let us know if the issue reproduce. Thanks in advance.

5. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Maria@Parallels Please see last comment Friday 25th
    Issue has not reappeared

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We understand that you are not facing the issue anymore. Let us know if the issue reappears.

7. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

No repeat of issue as yet. I will inform you as soon as the issue reappears.