Windows 10 is Updating Hang-Up

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RobK2, Feb 12, 2019.

1. RobK2

RobK2 Bit poster

I cannot seem to open Windows 10 in Parallels 14.12 on my Mac OS (Mojave 10.14.3).

Everytime I click on the Parallels icon I can an alert telling me that:

"Windows 10 is starting and then I get an alert saying "Windows 10 is installing updates. Performance may be affected. Set Windows to update when you are away".

However Windows never seems to update. I cannot start any of my Windows applications. If I click on them they simply hang-up. I have tried shutting down Parallels and Windows and it keeps doing the same thing. I have even clicked on the gear icon in the windows control panel (which I access in the Parallel menu) and then gone into Maintenance to schedule the maintenance for a later time and/or force it to "Start Now". Windows just gets hung up suggesting it is updating but nothing happens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @RobK2, start the Windows virtual machine, select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Take Snapshot. Again select Actions -> Reset and check the issue.

3. RobK2

RobK2 Bit poster

Yup that worked! What did this do?

Thanks
    RK

4. you mean "reset" option? It just reboot your VM. And more info about snapshot you can find here https://kb.parallels.com/5691