Can't install Parallels 10 with legacy license

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rvmeush, Feb 23, 2019.

1. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

I have an old Parallels 10 desktop for Mac that I would like to install on a 2009 Mac Mini that I have. When I attempt to install it and enter my license number I get a popup window saying "Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key."

I don't have any other working computers where Parallels 10 may have been installed. Is there some way I can have the activation key reset so that I can install it properly on my Mac Mini? It would be nice if there was some product support person that I could ask for assistance with this but I didn't see anywhere to send product license issues to.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello rvmeush.
    Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

3. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

I followed your instructions but the activation still failed as before. Following is the output of the terminal command:
    Roberts-Mac-mini:~ robert$ prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

4. Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 key for you. Please check the activation issue and let us know the results please.

5. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

I tried to activate again with the same error message. I also tried the terminal command (prlsrvctl activate-license-online) before attempting activation as instructed previously and that didn't work either.

Regards,
    Bob

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the macOS X version on which you are trying to use Parallels Desktop 10.

7. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

My OS version is 10.10.5. Please see attached About This Mac screen.

About this mac.jpg

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

We have made the necessary changes, kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

9. rvmeush

rvmeush Member

My last attempt to activate the license was successful. Thank you very much for your persistence in getting this solved.

Bob Meushaw

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

You are welcome please post if you have more queries

11. MattM10

MattM10 Bit poster

Hello folks! I'm having the same problem.

I have a legacy Parallels 10 running on MacOS 10.11. Our hard drive crashed yesterday; I was able to restore pretty much everything from a Time Machine back up, but am now getting the same message, "Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key..." I logged in and downloaded the legacy Parallels, used the key that was stored there, and, even though I got a green checkmark after entering the key, I got the error code above. I also tried the Terminal command, which gave me the same message, only in Terminal. We are only using Parallels on one computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen shot below of the two licenses we purchased. I only need v10 to work:

Parallels_Legacy_YSN.png

12. Hello,
    we've made some changes, please check the issue.

13. MattM10

MattM10 Bit poster

Hi Maria! The changes did not seem to work. I still get the same message "Unable to confirm the product license..." What are your suggestions? THANKS! --MM

14. MattM10

MattM10 Bit poster

15. Could you provide us with your license key via the private message please?

16. MattM10

MattM10 Bit poster

Hi Maria! I apologize, but I don't know how to send a private message. Would this be on Facebook, or is there a private message function in the forums?

17. Hi, I've just sent it to you, please reply.

18. MichaelC81

MichaelC81 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue with a mid-2007 iMac running Mac OS 10.11.6