Can't install Parallels 10 with legacy license

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by rvmeush, Feb 23, 2019.

1. rvmeush

rvmeush Bit Poster

I have an old Parallels 10 desktop for Mac that I would like to install on a 2009 Mac Mini that I have. When I attempt to install it and enter my license number I get a popup window saying "Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key."

I don't have any other working computers where Parallels 10 may have been installed. Is there some way I can have the activation key reset so that I can install it properly on my Mac Mini? It would be nice if there was some product support person that I could ask for assistance with this but I didn't see anywhere to send product license issues to.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello rvmeush.
    Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (from the Finder menu, navigate to Go -> Utilities -> Terminal), execute the command <><> prlsrvctl activate-license-online <><> inside the Terminal window, wait till the operation completes, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

3. rvmeush

rvmeush Bit Poster

I followed your instructions but the activation still failed as before. Following is the output of the terminal command:
    Roberts-Mac-mini:~ robert$ prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

4. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 key for you. Please check the activation issue and let us know the results please.

5. rvmeush

rvmeush Bit Poster

I tried to activate again with the same error message. I also tried the terminal command (prlsrvctl activate-license-online) before attempting activation as instructed previously and that didn't work either.

Regards,
    Bob

6. Ajith@Parallels

Ajith@Parallels Parallels Support

Let us know the macOS X version on which you are trying to use Parallels Desktop 10.

7. rvmeush

rvmeush Bit Poster

My OS version is 10.10.5. Please see attached About This Mac screen.

About this mac.jpg

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Kilo Poster

We have made the necessary changes, kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

9. rvmeush

rvmeush Bit Poster

My last attempt to activate the license was successful. Thank you very much for your persistence in getting this solved.

Bob Meushaw

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Kilo Poster

You are welcome please post if you have more queries