Sophos Home Premium 2.0.9 Blocks prl_naptd

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HalilD, Apr 4, 2019.

1. HalilD

HalilD Bit poster

I am running Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Pro Edition (version 14.1.3) on Mac OSX 10.14.4 with Windows 10 running as a virtual machine. I also have Sophos Home Premium 2.0.9; which after being installed for more than two months - complained that prl_naptd application was detected connecting to a known bad site. Question: Is there a malicious code running on the Windows 10 guest trying this or Parallels Desktop is trying to connect to a known bad site ?

2. Hi, prl_naptd is a process of Parallels Desktop. It provides SharedNetworking functionality.
    Could you please provide us with more info about: prl_naptd application was detected connecting to a known bad site.

3. HalilD

HalilD Bit poster

What information do you need beyond what is written above ???

4. May be is it possible to make a screenshot of the message, which said that prl_naptd application was detected connecting to a known bad site?

5. HalilD

HalilD Bit poster

6. HalilD

HalilD Bit poster

Any guidance ?

Phil Raby-Smith likes this.
  7. ChrisS20

ChrisS20 Bit poster

I have the same issue - any details would be greatly appreciated.

8. Phil Raby-Smith

Phil Raby-Smith Bit poster

Same alert;

Attached Files:

9. Anyone from parallels wish to comment on this? I have the same issue, and not much help.

10. Hi guys, according to the Sophos community thread, it could be a false positive detection.
    Did you contact Sophos support in order to find the root cause of the issue?