Updated to macOS Catalina beta and now get "can't connect to Mac\\home\desktop"

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Randy4, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Randy4

Randy4 Bit poster

Title says it all really. I know there are other posts on here, but I've tried reinstalling Parallel Tools within the Windows atmosphere. Restarted. No luck. I also read something about CD/DVD drive. Well I have a CD/DVD 1 and a CD/DVD 2. Both say they are disconnected. Both let me choose "Win10_1809_English_x64.iso" but when I choose it, I get a popup that says it does not exist. I'm not the most prolific computer user so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. BenjaminD5

BenjaminD5 Bit poster

I had the issue of errors regarding Desktop etc. I had to resolve it by going to Parallel settings for my Windows TEN then go to Options > Sharing and untick 'Share Mac User Folders with Windows'. Make sure 'Map Mac Volumes to Windows' is ticked.

Attached Files:

NikF1 likes this.
  3. NikF1

NikF1 Bit poster

Thanks a lot. That solved the problem for me.

4. DavidD32

DavidD32 Bit poster

Unfortunately did not work for me. I've tried reinstalling Parallels Tools. Isolate and un-isolate Parallels. Just installed Beta 3 of Catalina. None of these have worked.

I've noticed that in OSX Settings>Security&Privacy the Files an Folders security check boxes for Parallels looks different then it does on my Mojave install where this works. In particular, the iCloud Drive line item now has "- (data scope)". That was not there before.

[​IMG]

5. BrentS4

BrentS4 Bit poster

When apple released the iCloud Drive and allows you to view your desktop folder from the cloud on any device it caused a problem I believe. My work around was simple, I turned off the iCloud Drive in my iCloud and then reinstalled Windows 10 there was no further error as I brought the home folder back to local vs the cloud. I hope this helps.

6. JamesM23

JamesM23 Bit poster

It didn't work for me
    I even tried re installing parallel tools etc, still doesn't work. I can access my MAC folders from windows 10

7. CostasK

CostasK Bit poster

same issue here, any updated yet?

PS. I installed Parallels version 15

8. CostasK

CostasK Bit poster

I added custom share folders for both Desktop and Documents, it is not sync with my macOS but at least i have access at the moment.
    The default paths for Desktop and Documents have changed thats why many apps don't have access any more.

It is now under:
    /users/"user name"/Library/CloudStorage/iCloudDrive/Desktop
    /users/"user name"/Library/CloudStorage/iCloudDrive/Documents

After launching Windows you will see both folders in shared folders (not in the default Desktop and Documents folders)

This is a temporary workout until Parallels team will fix this with an update after version 15

Attached Files:

9. SimonB15

SimonB15 Bit poster

I had this problem and found that it's been fixed in the latest Catalina beta (19A546d), however the following steps need to be taken after the upgrade:

- Shutdown your VM
    - In Parallels configuration for the VM, set Share folders to None, then set it back to All disks
    - Make sure that you don't have any Custom Folders selected
    - Turn Share profile back on and click the Configure button
    - Make sure all folders are selected
    - Restart your VM and everything should be back to normal