Pomodoro Work/Break Timer

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by NealS1, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NealS1

NealS1 Bit poster

I think it would be very useful to add a Pomodoro style function to the Time tools.
    Pomodoro Technique is a time management technique, breaking up a working task into 25 minute intervals, then a 5 minute break, then another 25 minute work session (or 50 on, 10 off).

Waleed, MichaelS115, KelvinB and 3 others like this.
  2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @NealS1, thank you for the suggestion. All feature requests are viewed by the management and will be implemented depending on the level of requirability.

3. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

We have a Break Timer now in Toolbox for Windows if you want to give it a try :)

4. Diego-Cesar

Diego-Cesar Bit poster

And what about Mac? I like very much Pommodoro technique but I prefer only to use the toolbox for Mac...

5. Alex Patsay

We hear you!

6. Alex Patsay

Good news, Toolbox 4.0 for Mac now includes Break Time too!

7. MichelleV1

MichelleV1 Bit poster

I'm loving the new features on the updated Toolbox. I only wish there was a time on the Break Time to tell me how long has passed between breaks. :)

8. EdO1

EdO1 Bit poster

I keep getting a prompt to activate Break Time, and Mac OS Mojave tells me the app wants to take control of my computer. I do NOT want an app that will force me to walk away from my computer for five minutes or whatever at a time of the app's choosing, though I would find it useful to have an alert after 50 minutes. Though I also already have the option of setting a timer to go off every fifty minutes, in the OS. I will not activate this unless I get some clarification first as to how this works and what control it does or doesn't have over my system

9. Alex Patsay

very reasonable questions, I understand. The application does not force users to walk away from a computer, it only works as a reminder, showing a window reminding users to take a break. the reason the application requests a permission to "Accessibility" permission is to be able to monitor that user is not doing anything on the computer while the break is active (meaning user is not moving a mouse or typing on a keyboard). If application registers mouse movement or a key press, the break countdown is reset. So to reiterate: no control over computer, and no forcing to walk away from a computer. and obviously no keystroke monitoring, just a press/move events. Hope this helps!

EdO1 likes this.
  10. EdO1

EdO1 Bit poster

Thanks Alex!

11. MelK

MelK Bit poster

I like the Break Time tool, but it would be helpful to have an alarm when it is break time. I agree that it would be helpful to know how much time is left before the break

12. PhillipS3

PhillipS3 Bit poster

I am not finding it useful and want to remove it from the startup items - How do I remove it from starting each time?

13. MichaelS115

MichaelS115 Member

The Pomodoro technique always helps me a lot.

14. MichaelS115

MichaelS115 Member

This technique is the most effective for me.

15. Waleed

Waleed Bit poster

16. Waleed

Waleed Bit poster