Pomodoro Work/Break Timer

I think it would be very useful to add a Pomodoro style function to the Time tools.
Pomodoro Technique is a time management technique, breaking up a working task into 25 minute intervals, then a 5 minute break, then another 25 minute work session (or 50 on, 10 off).
Hi @NealS1, thank you for the suggestion. All feature requests are viewed by the management and will be implemented depending on the level of requirability.
 
I'm loving the new features on the updated Toolbox. I only wish there was a time on the Break Time to tell me how long has passed between breaks. :)
 
I keep getting a prompt to activate Break Time, and Mac OS Mojave tells me the app wants to take control of my computer. I do NOT want an app that will force me to walk away from my computer for five minutes or whatever at a time of the app's choosing, though I would find it useful to have an alert after 50 minutes. Though I also already have the option of setting a timer to go off every fifty minutes, in the OS. I will not activate this unless I get some clarification first as to how this works and what control it does or doesn't have over my system
 
I keep getting a prompt to activate Break Time, and Mac OS Mojave tells me the app wants to take control of my computer. I do NOT want an app that will force me to walk away from my computer for five minutes or whatever at a time of the app's choosing, though I would find it useful to have an alert after 50 minutes. Though I also already have the option of setting a timer to go off every fifty minutes, in the OS. I will not activate this unless I get some clarification first as to how this works and what control it does or doesn't have over my system

very reasonable questions, I understand. The application does not force users to walk away from a computer, it only works as a reminder, showing a window reminding users to take a break. the reason the application requests a permission to "Accessibility" permission is to be able to monitor that user is not doing anything on the computer while the break is active (meaning user is not moving a mouse or typing on a keyboard). If application registers mouse movement or a key press, the break countdown is reset. So to reiterate: no control over computer, and no forcing to walk away from a computer. and obviously no keystroke monitoring, just a press/move events. Hope this helps!
 
I like the Break Time tool, but it would be helpful to have an alarm when it is break time. I agree that it would be helpful to know how much time is left before the break
 
I think it would be very useful to add a Pomodoro style function to the Time tools.
Pomodoro Technique is a time management technique, breaking up a working task into 25 minute intervals, then a 5 minute break, then another 25 minute work session (or 50 on, 10 off).





The Pomodoro Technique is one of the most effective techniques for me in terms of time planning and time management. On the site graduateway.com/essay-examples/time-management/ I read a lot of advice about planning my time, procrastination, about methods to get around it. But no technique compares to the Pomodoro method for me.
This technique is the most effective for me.
 
Back
Top