Cannot activate Parallels Desktop v10 license on new MacBook

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TomS25, Apr 18, 2019.

1. TomS25

TomS25 Bit poster

How do I deactivate Parallels Desktop v10 on an old Mac and activate Parallels Desktop v10 on a new Mac?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TomS25, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

3. TomS25

TomS25 Bit poster

AJ; thanks very much for your quick response. No luck, please see the attached when attempting to activate on new Mac. Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 6.21.18 AM.png

4. We've made necessary changes with your key, please restart your Mac and Parallels, then please try to activate it again and let us know the results.

5. TomS25

TomS25 Bit poster

Hi Maria; I received the same response from Parallels Desktop when attempting to activate my Parallels license.

6. Tom, sorry for the delay, please reply me back with your license key.
    I'll do my best to help you with activation.

7. BrettD3

BrettD3 Bit poster

I think I have a similar issue - I only need to access/move files from an older machine. Would like a temporary license key, if possible.

8. We've reset your key, please check.

9. BrettD3

BrettD3 Bit poster

After entering original license key number and restarting computer, getting the same notification as TomS25 above. Can send you license key directly if needed.

10. I've received your key and reset it again. Please check.

11. EveraldoV

EveraldoV Bit poster

How do I deactivate Parallels Desktop v10 on an old Mac and activate Parallels Desktop v10 on a new Mac?

12. I've changed your key's internal settings, please try reactivation once again.

13. EveraldoV

EveraldoV Bit poster

upload_2019-8-6_8-34-2.png

14. EveraldoV

EveraldoV Bit poster

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

16. DimitrisM2

DimitrisM2 Bit poster

Hi guys! Trying to move my lic. too. No access to the old computer. Can not deactivate key. Can you do it for me?

Thank you.

17. Hi DimitrisM2. We have made the necessary changes. Please try to activate on the new Mac and it should work.