Record Screen or Area Internal Sound Recording Not Happening in v1.5 (735)

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by OwenS, Feb 4, 2017.

1. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hello,

Am finding these tools really useful, but when I first purchased (the previous version) I was unable to record the sound of a window while recording the window, except for through the microphone on my MacBook.
    Of course usually there's unwanted noises from the internal Mic picking up everything I don't want to record - so I was delighted to see the new version allows you to record the internal sounds as well as the option to record from the internal mic.

But for the life of me, I can't find this option or get this to work - it will still always record from the internal mic.

I am probably not looking in the right place for it, can someone direct me?

Running OSX Sierra Build 10.12.3

Many thanks!

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    you need to open Parallels Toolbox window, find 'Record Window' tool, right click on it and choose 'Preferences' menu item.
    Then choose 'System Audio' in dropdown list.

3. HeatherA1

HeatherA1 Bit poster

I'm not seeing preferences when I do that. I'm having issues when recording a window that the audio from my system mic is lagging way behind the video I'm capturing. It works fine on both area and screen, just not window. I checked for an update but there doesn't appear that are any. Any suggestions?

NVM I am still runnng 1.2 and the check for updates fails to find 1.5. Downloading it now.

4. HeatherA1

HeatherA1 Bit poster

So I think 1.5 messed things up even more because I can not NOT even record video with the Window option. I can hear the audio but I have no video at all.

5. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Can you provider result file of Record Windows Tool?
    Can you generate problem report using Parallels Toolbox (Help -> Send Technical Data)?

6. irenej

irenej Bit poster

I am a writer of best essay writing service. Can you give more information about recording tool, it will help me in my assignment. I was try to collect more information but I can not find out any. please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019
  7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

There are 4 distinct recording tools in Parallels Toolbox: Record Audio (used for recording audio from your computer's built-in microphone), Record Area (used for recording video from a selected area of your Mac screen), Record Window (used for recording video from a single window) and Record Screen (used for recording a video of the entire screen). For more information, please refer to this blog http://blog.parallels.com/2016/08/19/parallels-toolbox-2/

8. DorisC

DorisC Bit poster

I want to get information about recording tool too.

9. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

What kind of information are you needed?
    Look at the Hemnath@Parallels post above for quick overview of recording tools in Parallels Toolbox.