Issues for Mouse and Coherence after DskTp 15 install for Cento07, Kali 2018.4 and 2019.2

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JohnP13, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

Try to boot some older kernel (select advanced options in GRUB menu) and collect/analyze logs after boot.
    upload_2019-8-20_18-34-29.png

2. d4Rk

d4Rk Bit poster

When can we expect an update for parallels tools, to fix those scaling issues?

Bill16 likes this.
  3. d4Rk

d4Rk Bit poster

4. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming PD15 update/hotfix, but timeline of release/update/hotfix is under non disclosure.

5. MitchR1

MitchR1 Bit poster

I'm on Debian with Xfce, coherence is broken. I don't see any std out when I type and the desktop menu doesn't render properly in coherence mode.

6. Hi MitchR1. Please provide the Parallels Desktop version on which you are using the Linux VM.

7. MitchR1

MitchR1 Bit poster

I am running Parallels Desktop 15. Coherence broke when I upgraded from v. 14. Linux Debian Stretch with Xfce4 desktop v. 4.12

8. Your Linux virtual machine may work in Coherence mode but this view mode is no longer supported. Please refer to this article for more information.

9. MitchR1

MitchR1 Bit poster

Wow, that stinks. I loved coherence. Can I revert back to Desktop 14?

10. MassimilianoC2

MassimilianoC2 Bit poster

Any updates on this issue? I'm not able to install Parallels Tools on a Kali Linux VM with Parallels Desktop 15.

11. AlcidesR

AlcidesR Bit poster

I'm completely lost. I was using an Opensource Hypervizor version I've bought the version 15 because I stoped using parallels on an old version.

Now I'm struggled, I was using a Kali 2020.2, opened a ticket and the support said that the 2020.2 wasn't supported. I'm trying to work with the 2019.4 version without lucky.

Completely lost.

12. MacHelp

MacHelp Junior Member

same here. grrrr