Mouse lag in games, Windows 10 VM parallels 15 for Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KurtS7, Sep 9, 2019.

1. KurtS7

KurtS7 Bit poster

Hi folks.

I'm encountering TERRIBLE mouse lag in fullscreen windows games under parallels 15.

1.) Using 2 of my 4 mac CPUs for the VM, and 1/2 the RAM as recommended. USB mouse.
    2.) I've installed the custom boot flag for the USB mouse recommended for previous parallels previous versions. Doesn't help.
    3.) This isn't a fast "shooter" game, just an adventure with puzzles ("observation" by devolver studios)
    4.) Mouse works fine and fast in the Windows VM, it's just when I enter a game it slows.

Any help out there?

2. Hi @KurtS7 , could you generate the tech.report after the issue reproduced and post the report ID here.
    Also please share with us boot flag, which you used and let us know did you test the same issue with "optimize for games mode" (In VM config-> Hardware-> Keyboard)?

3. KurtS7

KurtS7 Bit poster

Hi Maria.
    The boot flag I used was: device.usb.mouse=0
    Everything is already set to optimize for games; mouse still lags horribly.
    I have searched your site, your documentation and cannot find any instructions on how to generate the tech.report after the issue reproduced get a report ID. Can you tell me how?

4. KurtS7

KurtS7 Bit poster

Found it by going under HELP... SEND TECHNICAL DATA.
    You might want to tell people that in the future :)
    I sent in the report.
    The reportID is 321710069
    Kurt

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Sorry my bad, forgot to add link in my reply. And thanks a lot for your report. One more thing, could you tell us please version of your "observation" game?

6. KurtS7

KurtS7 Bit poster

Hi Maria:
    The game self-updates to the most recent version. There is no version number displayed anywhere within the games menus, or on the developers website (epic games). It's the current version.

7. KurtS7

KurtS7 Bit poster

HI MARIA. ANY SOLUTION YET? :)

KURT

8. Hi Kurt, I've involved Parallels Engineering team in this case for the further investigation.
    Once I get any updates I'll contact you here immediately.

9. We received request from the Engineering team and send you an email with instructions.
    Looking forward to your reply and thanks a lot for the cooperation.

10. DashtonP

DashtonP Member

Hi Maria! I am having another issue with a spinning mouse bug in games running in coherence, I created another thread about it but I don't know if it is related to this at all hence me posting here. It totally does seem like mouse lag is what's causing it... other than that the game runs *almost* perfectly, see here: https://forum.parallels.com/threads...g-problems-in-games-about-every-5-sec.348034/