Parallels Toolbox updates with license key Parallels Desktop 13

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RuiS1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. RuiS1

RuiS1 Bit poster

Is that possible to update Parallels Toolbox v.2.6.1 to v.3.6.0 with license key Parallels Desktop 13?

Actually I have tried do update and when I have to Sign In in the Toolbox I get the message: You're trying to use a license key created for an older version of Parallels Toolbox. To activate Parallels Toolbox on this Mac, you need to purchase an additional license.

By the way, this happens in macOS 10.14.6, but in other mac with 10.12.6 with the same registration of Parallels Desktop 13 with other key it works, I can sign in and use Parallels Toolbox version above 2.6.1.

How it can be possible?

2. Hi RuiS1. Latest version of Parallels Toolbox can be activated only if you have a subscription license. Since you have a permanent license for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac, you can use only the Parallels Toolbox version 2.6.1

3. RuiS1

RuiS1 Bit poster

I understand you answer and we only have in our company Permanent licenses to Parallels Desktop 13 and Toolbox. But one of the Mac is running macOS 10.12.6 and the Parallels Toolbox installed is 3.5.0 (2481) with available update to 3.6.0. I wonder if that is possible, because in my macOS 10.14.6 with the same licence of Parallels 13 I'am unable to update over version 2.6.1 of Toolbox because if I do it will be unusable unless I purchase a new licence.
    Can you check that for me?

Attached Files:

4. @RuiS1, if you would like to get more info about Parallels Toolbox system requirements, you can check this KB article.
    If not, please let us know how can we help you.

5. RuiS1

RuiS1 Bit poster

Hi Maria, the article that you refer I already read and did not help me.

6. Could you please share with us more detailed info about the issue that your got?
    Thanks in advance.

7. RuiS1

RuiS1 Bit poster

Yes, our company have permanent licenses of Parallels Desktop 13 and Toolbox. We have installed on Macs and one of them is running macOS 10.12.6 and also have Parallels Toolbox installed. However we have detected the one with macOS 10.12.6 the Toolbox was updated to 3.5.0 (2481) and have available update to 3.6.0. The other Mac with macOS 10.14.6 with the same licence of Parallels 13 can't be updated and we have to keep with version 2.6.1 of Toolbox to be able to work, because if I do the update I will be have to purchase a new licence. IIs that possible to update Toolbox or not on differents macOS systems?

8. RuiS1

RuiS1 Bit poster

In macOS 10.14.6 with Parallels Toolbox v.2.6.1, I can only update after signout. Then I can update but I must insert the key and I get the msg (see attach). thanks

Attached Files:

9. Yes, you can update your Parallels Toolbox on different MacOS. But after update as you've already said you will have to purchase new license key.
    And if you would like to use your previous key you don't need to update your Parallels Toolbox app.
    Please let me know if it's not that case.