Reverted back to PD14 from PD15

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MC5, Aug 22, 2019.

1. PhilS6

PhilS6 Bit poster

I know not everyone can install the Catalina beta, but for those who can, I wanted to report that I just updated from Mojave to Catalina and, like others here have found, my Windows 10 VM is now working much better/faster. I was also able to switch back from the Apple to the Parallels hypervisor.

2. RonPop

RonPop Member

FWIW, Catalina has made video a *little* better in Parallels 15 for me. But it's still pretty slow doing certain things compared to 14. For example: Scrolling in Excel seems to be much more realtime (before it just wouldn't update the screen until you stopped scrolling). But, resizing a column is still ridiculous. You drag and start resizing and the actual column width is 4-5 seconds behind where your cursor is.

3. We will be glad to investigate this issue further.
    But in order to investigate it we need a bit more tech info from you.
    Could you please collect the tech report after the issue reproduced and post the report's id here?

4. JFYI, here you can find more info about known issue with macOS Catalina and Parallels Desktop.
    Pleas let us know if you have any questions to us or see any issues on your environment.

5. RonPop

RonPop Member

Knock on wood but the update that just came out (15.1.0 47107) seems to fix the video performance issues I was seeing! At least using Catalina. Haven't tested it yet to see if it helps when using Mojave.

6. please share with us any results.