Remember My Selection for Printer Won't Remember It

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by DavidB63, Oct 16, 2019.

1. DavidB63

DavidB63 Bit poster

While using Windows 10 in Parallels, Parallels pops up an annoying printer selection box rather frequently. The box shows my Mac printer that is connected directly to my Mac and asks if I want that printer to be connected to my Mac or to Windows 10. I always select "Mac" and check the box that says, "Remember my selection." The issue is that it really doesn't remember my selection - it prompts me to do the printer selection at arbitrary times, usually at very unwanted times when I am in the middle of doing something else important on another Mac Desktop. When it prompts, it takes me from what I am concentrating on, to the Mac Desktop displaying the Parallels printer selection box and totally disrupting my train of thought.

I do shut Windows 10 and Parallels down completely when they are not being used, but rarely reboot my Mac. I'm expecting the "Remember my selection" to remember it between Windows 10 sessions. I understand that the selection box should pop up if I connect a new printer or probably other device, but it should not pop up for a device that I have already selected.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi!
    What version of Parallels are you using? We need this to correctly understand the problem

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Also please go to Parallels Desktop -> Help -> Send Technical Data and send it. Post here its number

4. DavidB63

DavidB63 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Home Edition, Version 15.0.0 (46967)

5. DavidB63

DavidB63 Bit poster

I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Home Edition, Version 15.1.0 (47107) yesterday. I used Parallels Windows 10 for about six hours and had no problems. I decided to do some testing and have shut down Windows 10 and quit Parallels several times. I was just about to tell you that it appears to be fixed and then the annoying printer selection box popped up asking which operating system to connect my Mac printer to again. It seemed to work and then it didn't. I'll have to report later after more hours of running Windows 10 under Parallels.