Coherence: Flickering Windows Start menu

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ||xplorer, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ||xplorer

||xplorer Member

In Coherence, it is possible to access the Windows Start menu by right-clicking on the parallels icon in the top menu bar:
    Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 17.30.48.png
    or by left-clicking it (which by passes that drop-down menu and goes directly to the Windows Start menu).
    That is, in my hands, it works about half of the time: when I reach that stage, I can either get a solid Windows Start menu or it can flash briefly and disappear. Usually, the second attempt works fine.
    Clearly that is a minor annoyance, but it smacks as a trivial bug, which hasn't been fixed for several versions and updates.
    Am I the only one to experience this?
    Note: I am not going to open a service request and receive the usual email: we want to take over your mac remotely to make some tests, at it usually ends up with "we will report to command central" and eventually nothing happens (in other words, I tried and it is still a "feature").

MargaretD1 likes this.
  2. Abishek

Abishek Member

3. ||xplorer

||xplorer Member

Method 1 doesn't work for me (there might be a setting for that).
    Method 2 results in flickering as well.
    Method 3 ditto.
    Method 4 ditto.
    Ergo this is a bug, and it has stayed so for several years.

4. MargaretD1

MargaretD1 Junior Member

You are not the only one having this issue! I have experienced the same for about a year now. Almost every time (I'd say 95-98% of the time) I have to click on that parallels sign twice because the start menu quickly appears and then disappears. The second try always works. I find it laughable that instead of fixing this issue, Parallels support tells you to go and try accessing the menu in other ways.

||xplorer likes this.
  5. DonaldL4

DonaldL4 Bit poster

I also have this annoying problem. All of the methods of opening the Start Menu flash and disappear, until they are tried a few more times. There still doesn't seem to be a solution. Am I correct?