Upgrading from old to latest version 15

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by remotecontroller, Nov 27, 2019.

1. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Hi,

I bought Parallels about 10 years ago. If I want the Pro version now, can I combine several discounts such as upgrade+Black Friday+Academic discounts?

Thanks

2. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

I entered the old license key in My Account and the system states "Wrong license key format". Even I removed the two dashes in between the numbers, I still get the same error.

3. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Hi, anybody from the Sales department to answer this?

4. Hi, now you can upgrade from any previous Parallels Desktop version, so you can purchase new upgrade license with the Black Friday offer.
    Or purchase the Student version at https://www.parallels.com/landingpage/pd/education/
    So it's unable to combine Black Friday and Student edition discount.

6. VenkiteshR

VenkiteshR Bit poster

Hi,
    I am facing similar issue. I have a old licensed Parallels 3.0 version. I would like to upgrade to parallels 15. When I use my old license key, getting a message stating wrong key format. Please let me know how I can upgrade to new version.

remotecontroller likes this.
  7. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Hi Maria, I have the same problem. What shall we do?

8. Hi, could you share your key with us?

9. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Thanks. Just PM you.

10. JannisS

JannisS Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I bought the upgrade version with the Black Friday offer and I am trying to activate it. I got the Version 15 Upgrade key and the Parallels 10 activation key, but I get an error like:
    "This key cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop. If this is a key for Parallels Desktop Business Edition, please follow these instructions or contact your system administrator."
    The Version 10 key is not a business edition key.

I am not sure if it the issue is related with the account I used. With version 10 I used my email and now I used the apple ID and created a new account with the version 15 upgrade key. I know it sounds somehow stupid now, but I couldn't see any option to unregister the key from the new account to try it again with my old account.
    Please advise

11. Hi, please share more details with us:
    your old account email
    your new account email
    your keys for 10 and 15 versions.
    please send it via the private message.

12. JannisS

JannisS Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I am feeling kinda stupid right now. How can I send you a pm? I can't find any button to start a conversation with you.
    BTW I am using Mac OS 10.14 with Safari.

13. PeszlenS

PeszlenS Bit poster

Dear Maria, Can I upgrade my legacy licenses (Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac full version, multilingual) to version 15 for 49.99 dollars per computer? B.R. Szilard

14. JannisS

JannisS Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    can you send me a pm so I can reply to it? thanks

15. Hi, please just reply here.

16. Please reply on mine. Just sent it to you.

17. Hi, are you using Parallels Desktop Business edition? Or every user has personal Parallels Desktop app?