Panic errors after wake up from sleep when Parallels is installed "restarted because of a problem"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stef4, May 4, 2020.

1. Stef4

Stef4 Bit poster

Hello,

Since I installed parallels on my 16 inch MBP I have ran into panic errors after my Mac went to sleep. The panic errors states that my MacBook has restarted because of a problem. At first I did not know what caused the issue so I performed the usual MacBook troubleshoot; nvram, SMC, safe mode, reinstall and nothing seemed to fix the panic issues. Not strange as a panic error usually refers to hardware issues, so after a few weeks of ignoring the problem (but saving some panic reports) I decided to reach out to AppleCare. The advisor suggested to have my MBP send in for repair and I went to a service provider, they replaced the logic board and Touch ID sensor on the 10th of April 2020. This fixed my problem, until this morning when I installed parallels again.

Therefore my question: Is this a know issue with an available workaround, or am I unable to use parallels without having panic errors?

macOS version: 10.15.4 (19E287)
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    Processor 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB / AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
    Parallels version Version 15.1.4 (47270)

Please let me know if there is something I can do.

Thanks in advance.

-Stef

Attached Files:

2. MarkusH10

MarkusH10 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with parallels on my MacBook Pro 16-inch. Even when parallels is not running it keeps crashing like this. It has been happening two or three times every week for the last month. The most annoying is that parallels is not even running!

3. Stef4

Stef4 Bit poster

Hey Markus,

I've contacted parallels support and they gave me some steps to perform, since doing this I did not run into any problems so far.

1. Open virtual machine configuration by following the article https://kb.parallels.com/117287
    2. Go to configure > hardware > Cpu & memory > hypervisor > change to Apple
    3. Start Windows virtual machine and check if it works without crashing.

Hope this can be of help!

Have a nice day,
    Stef

4. MarkusH10

MarkusH10 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply Stef. Unfortunately this did not work for me. I've reinstalled Parallels, changed the hypervisor to Apple for all my VM's. It keeps crashing even when Parallels is not running.

last loaded kext: com.parallels.kext.netbridge
    last unloaded kext: com.parallels.kext.hypervisor