Parallels Toolbox "Subscription Expired", but I have a current v15 license

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterD20, Jun 23, 2020.

1. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Hello,

I have a current (perpetual) v15 license, but Parallels Toolbox complains that my subscription has expired. I've removed and reinstalled Toolbox a number of times to no avail. I've entered my v15 activation key and I get the message "your product license has expired". Parallels Desktop runs just fine.

There must be a preference or setting stuck somewhere; I've been using Parallels since almost day one and, at one time, did actually use the subscription license. Perhaps this is what is confusing Toolbox. In any case, if someone can direct me to how to reset this so that I can continue to enjoy Toolbox I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter
    Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 12.18.25 PM.png

2. Hello, did you get your Parallels Toolbox with Parallels Desktop 15 permanent license?
    Or purchase it as a separate product?

3. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your reply. I think I've been confused -- for some reason I thought that Parallels Toolbox was a free add-on to Parallels Desktop, but I see now on the knowledgebase that my permanent Parallels Desktop license only entitles me to a 3-month subscription for Parallels Toolbox.

I have a permanent license for Parallels Desktop v13 which apparently includes a permanent license for Parallels Toolbox v2.04. I've downgraded Parallels Toolbox to v2.04 and it is working for me. Thanks again; you can consider this issue resolved.

Yours,
    Peter

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved by installing older version Parallels Toolbox. We like to add that Parallels Toolbox on latest macOS X might face compatibility issues. If you are facing any such issues, you will have to upgrade Parallels Toolbox by purchasing a subscription.