Permission To Access Mac Folders

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JeffreyB9, Oct 5, 2020.

1. JeffreyB9

JeffreyB9 Bit poster

Hello,

Can someone please assist me? I am having trouble getting Parallels to access my Mac folders. After I install Parallels an error message pops up saying " Network Error: Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Desktop - You do not have permissions to access \\Mac\Home\Desktop. Contact your network administrator to request access."

Does Parallels have a support phone number as well? I tried for over 15min to locate a phone number...

As far as I can tell there is no way to submit a support ticket as well, what's up with that? The support ticket system does nothing and takes me in an endless loop to read about the problem and forms but there is no way to submit a support ticket??

Someone please help me.

Jeff Baker

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Hello,
    please generate the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.
    Looking forward to your reply.

3. RobertW35

RobertW35 Bit poster

Technical Report ID 351523395, same issue and have tried all the fixes on this thread, every time I try to download a PDF I get he Network Error Windows cannot access\\Mac\Home\Desktop error

4. NehaR1

NehaR1 Bit poster

Yeah...

Same issue with Technical report ID 312586697. and I have tried all the tips and tricks to resolve this, but it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2020
  5. Thanks a lot for the provided information.
    We've forwarded your reports to the Parallels Engineering Team and they are working on the resolustion.
    Once we get any updates we will let you know immediately.

6. Hello guys, we would like to inform you that Parallels Desktop update 16.1.0 has been release recently.
    Please update your Parallels Desktop version to the latest build and check the issue.
    Please share any results with us.