Copying file from Outlook to Mac Desktop crashes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Turtleboy, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Bit poster

When I am using Outlook for Windows and there is a file attached to an email, and I try to move (copy) that file to the Mac (Big Sur Beta) desktop, it crashes 100% of the time.

2. Grega3

Grega3 Member

3. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Bit poster

I'm glad it's not just me. I don't know if we've heard anything from them.

4. Grega3

Grega3 Member

here's what you can do:
    * definitely create a support ticket. They'll go through the usual stuff. Just give them what they're asking for. Without that they will put it as low priority.
    * workaround - you can drag-and-drop the files to Window's File Explorer - you can either drag it to Mac's files inside Window's File Explorer, or use Window's File Explorer as an intermediate - as drag-and-drop from Windows's File Explorer to Mac's Finder works fine. The issue is that if you forget and drag-and-drop directly from Window's Outlook to Mac's Finder, then it will crash, and you will need to restart Windows VM - I keep doing this, it's a habit ;-)

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot for share your experience here and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

6. Grega3

Grega3 Member

Update: This morning I checked for an update, and 16.1.1 (49141) was available. I updated it, AND updated Parallel Tools on the host, and the issue is now resolved. I can once again drag-and-drop attachments from Outlook in Windows to Finder on Mac. Thank you PD team for resolving this swiftly. @Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  7. Thanks a lot for taking time to share your feedback with us.
    If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to let us know.

8. MaysarhS

MaysarhS Bit poster

I'm facing the same issue here, I have the latest version installed but copying emails to finder or copying the files directly from outlook to finder are not working.
    any one has resolution here for this issue?.