Windows 10 Stuck at ' Scanning and Repairing Drive (C): 100% Complete

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BhavnishW, Nov 12, 2020.

1. BhavnishW

BhavnishW Bit poster

Hi
    I am having using Parallels with Windows 10 for a couple of years without any problems.

Max OSX 10.15.7
    Parallels Version 16.0.1 (48919) - pro edition

I can't get it to work and I am at a loss

Any advice please

2. ColleenF

ColleenF Bit poster

HI! I just contacted support for this same problem. Here's what they had me do, and it worked:

from parallels mac menu bar: Actions: Take Snapshot
    Actions: Stop
    then wait a moment and start the machine and the back up should continue from there.

EdgarL3, WillJ1, RyanG11 and 2 others like this.
  3. GregoryW2

GregoryW2 Bit poster

Thank you ColleenF - that worked perfectly!

4. FredB4

FredB4 Bit poster

thasks... they should have a KB article for this

5. RyanG11

RyanG11 Bit poster

@ColleenF - that worked for me too! Thanks for sharing and saving me a ton of time troubleshooting!

6. nghiah

nghiah Bit poster

Yes! This worked for me too!

7. LarryH14

LarryH14 Bit poster

Can you help me out? I'm having the exact same issue for the last 4 days (straight). I'm not exactly understanding the directions. Please give additional detail.
    In advance... Thanks so much!

8. LarryH14

LarryH14 Bit poster

Can you help me out? I'm having the exact same issue for the last 4 days (straight). I'm not exactly understanding the directions. Please give additional detail.
    Not sure if this means: The Top right Toolbar area? Sorry.... I just don't understand the instructions. Please help...

9. LarryH14

LarryH14 Bit poster

Windows 10 Stuck at ' Scanning and Repairing Drive (C): 100% Complete
    Can someone help me out? I'm having the exact same issue for the last 4 days (straight). I'm not exactly understanding the directions. Please give additional detail.

I see this response but don't understand it?

*** From parallels mac menu bar: Actions: Take Snapshot
    Actions: Stop
    then wait a moment and start the machine and the back up should continue from there.

Is this the Parallels Tool bar in the top right corner?

10. WillJ1

WillJ1 Bit poster

This fix worked for me as well. Thank you very much.

11. stu

stu Bit poster

Maybe this will help..... You should have two red bars in the top right group of icons - that's Parallels. See attached screenshot Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 7.51.07 AM.png

JenniferC6 likes this.
  12. Tommyw2

Tommyw2 Bit poster

You can disable Windows 10 update by setting up a metered connection. In the start, open the Windows Settings app (Win + I) and tap on the option that says Network & Internet. Now launch 'Wi-Fi' and tap the option that says Manage known networks. In the end, choose the network and in 'Properties' toggle the 'Set as metered connection' options to 'On'. By doing that you will be able to disable the Windows 10 update option easily. For further solutions, you can see https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-update-1709-fails-install/ this website.

13. JamesS39

JamesS39 Junior Member

I just had this issue for the first time today too. For some reason, when I started up Windows 10 this morning it said it had to repair the disk, and it ran through the process, but then got stuck at 100% and never progressed to the login screen. The above suggestion to take a snapshot, hit Stop, and start back up worked for me as well!

(To be clear, I didn't have to revert to the snapshot afterwards - I just started up the VM normally. So I'm not sure if that step is actually relevant to resolving the problem, or if all you really need to do is stop the VM and start it again).

I'm running Parallels 16.5.1 on macOS Big Sur 11.5.1, and Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (build 19042.1110).

14. BasilN

BasilN Bit poster

Thanks alot ColleenF it worked for me too.

15. Jean6

Jean6 Bit poster

This worked for me as well! Thank you!

16. NaeemM

NaeemM Bit poster

Worked for me too. Not knowing this I used to restore my Parallel VM from Time Machine.
    Thank you.