No printers Windows10 build 21359

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by StefanoB5, Apr 16, 2021.

1. StefanoB5

StefanoB5 Bit poster

Unfortunately I'm not unable to print to pdf and to install any other printer. I'm only unable to scan using "HP SCAN AND CAPTURE". Win10 ARM Release 21364

2. Nosix

Nosix Member

I'm keeping multiple backup copies if 21337 which is the last Build i have with where printers work. I have turned updated off so it doesn't update to a new Build.
    I also have another copy on Build 21364 which has no printing, I will update this to whatever the next build is to see if the problem is corrected.

3. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

Me too! Turning off automatic updates and keeping a test build on 21364 and further updates till I reach a stable one.

Nosix likes this.
  4. StefanoB5

StefanoB5 Bit poster

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.21364.1000) (KB5003397): printers problem already exists!

Nosix likes this.
  5. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

I can confirm, after the cumulative update the printer problem is still there.

KennethR4 and Nosix like this.
  6. Nosix

Nosix Member

Yes, sill seeing the printers non-functional the cumulative update.

7. PietroC

PietroC Junior Member

[QUOTE = "ZoltanM, post: 885211, member: 6675308"] Posso confermare che dopo l'aggiornamento cumulativo il problema della stampante è ancora lì. [/ QUOTE]
    Confermo, stesso problema

8. Hi, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

9. stufried

stufried Junior Member

I have that problem and I don't a USB printer. I am printing over ethernet. I don't even have a shared internet connection. As part of my debugging, I set Windows as wired and used wireless for my Mac to connect.

10. KennethR4

KennethR4 Bit poster

Same as everyone else. I'm not able to print. I'm on build copy 21364.

11. ChristianC8

ChristianC8 Bit poster

Technical Report 367881212. Windows 10 Pro Evaluation Copy. Build 21364.co_release.210416-1504 shows that Microsoft Print to PDF, and HP Color Laser Jet, are not connected. Running the Microsoft printer troubleshooter service produces an error, "Windows can't open Add Printer. The remote procedure call failed." Note that this was not an issue until I updated Parallels to the release copy for Apple M1 processors, and also Windows 10 updated. So, I am not sure what product is causing the failure.

12. ChristianC8

ChristianC8 Bit poster

By the way, I reported this to support two days ago via the Parallels Facebook Messenger and Twitter. Neither message was read or responded to by your support team.

13. ChristianC8

ChristianC8 Bit poster

Restoring to to Windows 10 Pro Evaluation copy. Build 21359.co_release.210409-1536 did not fix the problem

14. PietroC

PietroC Junior Member

[QUOTE = "ChristianC8, post: 885390, member: 6750736"] Ripristino alla copia di valutazione di Windows 10 Pro. La build 21359.co_release.210409-1536 non ha risolto il problema [/ QUOTE]
    Ho fatto lo stesso ma stesso problema

15. ChrisW35

ChrisW35 Bit poster

Same here. Excel running very slow with VB code which I assume is due to the lack of any printer being available.

16. RayW5

RayW5 Bit poster

I have the same issue - same Windows 10 ARM Build. Scan for Lexmark CX510de working as a Windows device but cannot install printer. MacOS printers are shared and showing as available to be installed but installation fails.

17. NathanM8

NathanM8 Bit poster

I've just loaded 21364 and my print spooler service keeps on failing and trying to restart. I have a Win32 app that requires a default printer so it now crashes on start. This has been going on for a good couple of weeks now. Do we know if this is a Parallels or Windows on Arm issue? Hope it gets resolved soon.

18. Nosix

Nosix Member

Looks like Build 21370 is out and it has USB Printing bug corrected in the release notes - installing now.

19. KennethR4

KennethR4 Bit poster

Did it fix the printer issue?

Nosix likes this.
  20. Nosix

Nosix Member

I can confirm that Sheared printers are now workilng in Build 21370.
    So Everyone should go ahead and install this build.

KennethR4 likes this.