No printers Windows10 build 21359

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by StefanoB5, Apr 16, 2021.

1. StefanoB5

StefanoB5 Bit poster

I installed build 21359 there are no printers!

Nosix likes this.
  2. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

same problem here! More than that there is no possibility to add any new printers, even built in printers are missing (print to pdf). There is a problem also with the printer spooler service. I moved back to 21354 build for this reason.

Nosix likes this.
  3. StefanoB5

StefanoB5 Bit poster

Do you have problems with applications moving back to 21354?

Nosix likes this.
  4. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

No! Straight forward restore earlier version of windows. Max. 10 minutes and you're back to 21354, no issues at all.

Nosix likes this.
  5. Nosix

Nosix Member

Same problem with 21359, but I still have some issues with missing printer drivers on 21354, i had to go back to a copy of 21337 i had saved to get printers to work completely. I'm hoping the problem will be fixed in a subsequent build.

6. Hi guys, could you share a bit more details about the issue please?
    Are you unable to print to pdf?

7. Nosix

Nosix Member

On Build 21359, it isn't just no printing to PDF. The is No printing with any windows printers as Drivers for the shared printers fail to install.

8. AndresS5

AndresS5 Bit poster

same issue here, i canĀ“t install any printer and i can't share printers from my mac

9. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

21364 build same issue. Unbelievable what a heck is Microsoft doing with these bu...hit builds. Since 3 builds the printing service is ruined and in the last 2 build is completely unusable. There is no reference in the release note about this issue!

Nosix likes this.
  10. Nosix

Nosix Member

What's the best way to report this to Microsoft?

11. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

No, we cannot print with any drivers even built in print to pdf is not working.

Nosix likes this.
  12. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

Feedback hub. I already did, you should do that too. More user feedback more priority on the topic. Printer spooler keeps switching between stopped and running every 2 seconds in 21364. I am going back to 21354 where at least printing is partially working.

Nosix likes this.
  13. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

I am just wondering: is it possible maybe that it has something to do with Parallels too???

Nosix likes this.
  14. Nosix

Nosix Member

Yes, until we know the root cause there is no way to know if its an interaction between the Parallels Printer Driver and Windows, or Windows itself.

15. Nosix

Nosix Member

OK Just signed into Feedback Hub and submitted, mentioned Builds 21354, 21359 and 21364 with Problems.

16. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

I wanted to upvote your feedback on the hub, but I did not see it. :)

17. Nosix

Nosix Member

I just received an email from Parallels support confirming it's a bug known to the windows development team affecting USB printers in Builds 21354 and above. Shared printers aim parallels are actually Virtual USB printers. One workaround is to stay on a build below 21354.

18. Nosix

Nosix Member

So we will have to look for that big to be corrected in the release notes for the new builds

19. Nosix

Nosix Member

Actually the Build 21364 release notes says the USB printer bug was corrected in that build but shared printers were still
    Not working for me in 21464.

20. ZoltanM

ZoltanM Bit poster

Yes, but Windows reported that they fixed the USB printer issue in 21364, however the issue still persist for
    USB printers was supposed to be corrected in 21364, but unfortunately none of the printers are working in 21364 for me, even the built in printer (Microsoft print to PDF fails), I also have a direct IP printer installed that works in 21354, but in 21259 and 21364 none of them works, windows states: Not connected, and there is no way ti install ANY new printers. I tried 2 different WIN10 ARM64 VM, same problem on both.

Nosix likes this.