M1 Installation Issue - Windows will not connect to internet

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ScottS36, Jan 28, 2021.

1. ScottS36

ScottS36 Bit poster

Windows does not connect to internet. Was able to install Quickbooks but cannot connect to internet along with EDGE and another application.
    If removal is required, please give link to instructions along the reinstall instructions.

2. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

have you tried the different network sharing modes in parallels? Also when you run "ipconfig /renew" in cmd on windows, what does it say?

3. PastorM

PastorM Bit poster

you must have to change the internet`s preference in your VM every time you turn on your VM.
    upload_2021-1-30_14-56-18.png

4. PastorM

PastorM Bit poster

Check how the status change.
    upload_2021-1-30_14-57-58.png

5. PastorM

PastorM Bit poster

Finally if you want you can change again to "Red compartida (recomendado)"

6. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

Where do you find these options?

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I'd appreciate if someone who can stabily reproduce the problem that requires switch shared<->bridged could contact support to agree about a remote session. We don't have local reproduction and we'd really like to investigate and fix the issue. Post me via private message the ticket number,

8. TimothyU

TimothyU Bit poster

I solved a similar problem on macOS M1 (11.3.1) by disabling IPv6 on my network.

It seemed to resolve the issue immediately, but I've not worked out yet whether the problem lies with the preview build of Windows (21354) or Parallels (16.5.0). A brief packet capture suggested that DHCP requests from Windows never made it as far as the host's network interface.

9. JacobB13

JacobB13 Bit poster

Hi guys, I've tried all fixes and nothing is working for me. I constantly have no internet connection on my VM while it work perfect in my Apple M1 so I'm more then willing to help you with the remote session. I've contact support last week and still no response!

10. ChrisO9

ChrisO9 Bit poster

I'm same as well Ticket:2966428 Tried to send Private message but found no option to do such.

Thanks

11. JoelS9

JoelS9 Bit poster

I managed to solve the problem with help from Elric as well as from Intego: I had to turn off the Intego NetBarrier, and Windows 10 immediately connected. I haven't tried the IPv6 trick reported by TimothyU.

12. Ivan31

Ivan31 Bit poster

Deactivating Kaspersky Internet Security also solved the problem for me.

13. ColinA4

ColinA4 Bit poster

Tried all of the above--nothing works. Any assistance would be appreciated.

14. Mikami

Mikami Bit poster

changing to default adapter works for me, thanks, nice work!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  15. Hi,
    could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

16. rxspokane

rxspokane Bit poster

I also have the same problem. When installing windows i can't go past the "connect Internet" part without choosing the other option -"I dont have internet"

17. Hello,
    Could you share with us your Parallels Desktop and macOS versions?

18. rxspokane

rxspokane Bit poster

I am using parallels 16 (brand new download) and Mac OS 11.3.1
    It is a MacBook Air with M1 chip
    Thank you

19. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

The issue with firewalls/antiviruses should be fixed in just released macOS 11.5

20. StephenM20

StephenM20 Bit poster

I am using parallel 17 macOS 11.6 on a MacBook Air M1. Beyond thing is when I first installed everything over Wi-Fi everything worked perfect. For a moment I was impressed. Then the next morning came and I spun up my virtual instance of windows 11 and had no Internet I also discovered that MacBook Air host had no Internet outside of your application. If I spin up your app I can access the Internet on the MacBook, however as soon as I launch the VM Internet dies and even when I remove the VM and close it down the Internet is still dead I have to close your app in order for the Internet to be restored instantly. I've went through all the settings and followed everything everyone else is done here. This is September 2021, I can't believe there's not a solution yet. Please advise. On the positive side if I'm connecting on a wired connection everything runs fine it's just trying to run it over Wi-Fi. And the whole purpose of having a laptop is reportability I cannot be wired forever. On a sidenote I can change the adapters on the VM and it's not consistent but I can get Internet, however the host is dead in the water and cannot get Internet , I believe I tried the default setting. But in any case using any other setting post and VM gets no Internet I have to close the program down to restore Internet to my host machine. Again this is over Wi-Fi. Please fix