Old activation key issue?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WhoK, Dec 14, 2019.

1. IsraelG2

IsraelG2 Bit poster

I have a similar issue trying to activate my software says it fails. I have been emailing and calling with zero support for several days.

2. IsraelG2

IsraelG2 Bit poster

If this is not resolved today i will ask my bank to block payment and get my money back as you have not provided a product nor services to me to get it working.

3. Hello, we've made necessary changes, please check the issue.

4. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

Thanks Maria, I've been able to activate one of my Parallels 16 installations, but the second license won't activate. Same error with server not accepting previous license.
    I also can't activate one of my Parallels 15 installations on one of my other Macs

5. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

Maria, to clarify me previous post, I need to use Parallels 15 for some applications until the problem with external USB drive in Parallels 16 is resolved. I have previously submitted a case [Parallels #3001550] USB Drive not connecting to VM, but still have no resolution to that matter.

6. Hi, we would like to ask you check the same behavior with the newest Parallels Desktop 17 version and let us know the results.

7. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

Just installed PD 17 but with same result, external USB connects but does not appear in windows. I still use Windows 7 due to need of legacy windows programs. Can you please restore my Parallels 15 license so i can use this.

8. JeffersonH1

JeffersonH1 Bit poster

I've also just installed PD 17 but unable to activate because the previous PD 12 activation key does not work.

Attached Files:

9. JeffersonH1

JeffersonH1 Bit poster

The worst part is that the live chat support seems pretty down. I've received absolutely no response for the past one hour. Its rather disappointing that your support service is so bad.

10. CarlosV9

CarlosV9 Bit poster

Hello! i am having the same issue and accidentally purchased the wrong subscription, my reference number is 287999648, i would like a refund please. Thank you!

11. Hi, your order has been refunded, please check the issue and let us kno wif you have any additional questions.

12. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

Could I please have an answer to my problem. I have important data on external drives which I cannot access under PD16 or PD16

13. Hello, are you unable to find your Parallels Desktop 15 license key in your Parallels Account?

14. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

I have my Parallels 15 key ok, and when I enter it I amdm then asked for a previous key. I enter my key for Parallels 14 and the key is no accepted by the license server!

15. Anand48

Anand48 Member

Make sure both your Parallels Desktop 15 and the Parallels Desktop 14 license keys are registered to the same Parallels Account to activate it successfully. If the issue persists, please send pm with the details. Thanks.

16. TonyC23

TonyC23 Bit poster

All my Parallels versions are registered under the one and same Parallels account and always have been.
    I had no problems until recently when you changed the license verification processes on your system!
    How do send you a pm with the details?

17. Hello,
    we've just sent a PM to you. Please check your inbox and reply.

18. HtetW1

HtetW1 Bit poster

Actually, I have a similar issue. Just a couple of days ago, I upgraded Parallel for Mac Pro Edition after a few days of free trials has completed. I did type in the activation code that I had received from Email, however, the app kept asking me for the activation code from the old version (obviously which I do not have as this is my very first time of using Parallel). The issue hasn't been sorted out yet. I've written an email about the situation. I am still waiting for their reply. Hopefully, things will get sorted out. Otherwise, I will not be able to continue working on my projects as some of the softwares are only available on Windows and not supported on Mac OS. I wasn't able to attend a few classes because of this complication.

19. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, after using trial version, you need to purchased full version of Parallels Desktop license key. Upgrade key only works, when you already have a previous version license key. Please help us with your upgrade purchased reference number so that we can initiate a refund for you and then you can purchase a full version of Parallels Desktop.

20. MJN

MJN Bit poster

Hi support team, I am having the same issue when asked to provide an old activation key. i have checked with my mail and there seems to be none provided. Please reach out to me via inbox as i need to continue working. thank you and much appreciated.