The Application Parallels Desktop canceled shut down.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by zkeith, Apr 10, 2011.

1. zkeith

zkeith Junior Member

I began using a new VM a couple of days ago (a clone of my original VM) when the VM i had been using became problematic. Now on shut down, I get the following message: "The Application Parallels Desktop canceled shutdown. To try again, quit Parallels Desktop and choose shut down from the Apple menu." Initially, I was getting the same message on shut down with the VM I just quit using. I then discovered the following configuration worked with the previous VM but cancels shut down on the new VM: Start Automatically--When Parallels Desktop starts; Startup View--coherence; On Shutdown--close window--On Window Closedown--Suspend. I know others have had this problem but I couldn't find that anyone provided a solution.

2. dwoodwoo

dwoodwoo Bit poster

THANK YOU. I changed my settings to the ones you recommended and it worked. The behavior wasn't a show stopper but it sure was annoying. Appears to be fixed now.

3. oneenno

oneenno Bit poster

Here someone said that I'm high school student who living in South Korea, is there any way to get discount plan for me? I had for them. Do you have any idea about this whole thing? If your answer is yes, then you should go for it and let others know as well how they can try that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2021
  4. Hello, please check this KB article for more information about the Student Discount for Parallels Desktop application.
    and please let us know if you have any additional questions.