Downgrading my version on MacOSX10.12.6

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bobj9, Aug 31, 2021.

1. bobj9

bobj9 Bit poster

I have just migrated to a newer laptop and when I ran Parallels Desktop, V10, it automatically upgraded to version 11. Now I dont have a version I can run. How can I downgrade back to version 10?

2. Hello, you can download Parallels Desktop 10 from this KB article and activate it with your license key.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. bobj9

bobj9 Bit poster

Maria,

downloaded legacy version and tried to use key to activate but it failed with message that it has reached its activation limit. As I have moved to a new laptop how can I deactivate the old copy? This occured after I got the message saying I could activate on the new laptop and deactivate on the old one.

bobj

4. Anand48

Anand48 Member

Hi, please do a sign-out from your Parallels Desktop application on the old computer, click on the Parallels Desktop menu, and select Account & License. In the activation window, click on your account email address and select Sign Out. For more information, please refer to ( https://kb.parallels.com/123461 ) and then try activating on the new computer. Thanks.

5. bobj9

bobj9 Bit poster

Anand,

my old laptop has given up the ghost so am unable to login cause it won't even boot. Any other options? Can you guys deactivate the old laptop?

bobj

6. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please DM us the Parallels Desktop for Mac license key with which you are trying to activate Parallels Desktop so that we will be able to resolve the issue for you. Thanks!

7. bobj9

bobj9 Bit poster

Bhargava

how do I DM you?

FYI, the legacy licenses table shows 7 versions being licensed. Could we clear versions 10 and 11? That way, I can use the most appropriate one, if 11 doesn't work can use 10.

bobj

8. bobj9

bobj9 Bit poster

a junkmessage to get out of this loop

9. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly check you private message and reply us there. Thanks, Parallels Team.