Parallels 17 (Pro) Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KristianS1, Aug 11, 2021.

1. SirCodesALot

SirCodesALot Member

Also, just noticed the multi-monitor full screen "I have to click it to interact with it first" bug is back... I used to be able to move my mouse across monitors and nat have to click the full-screen "window" to interact with the VM there - maybe I should post this in another thread.

How do these regressions keep popping up from major version to major version? What is the regression test planning look like?!

2. stephenm21

stephenm21 Bit poster

Windows 10 VM sound popping/cracking when VM is not in focus here too.

3. EmmettT

EmmettT Bit poster

I am having the exact same issue here with Parallels 17. When I am focused within the Windows guest, audio sounds great. If I click on anything in the macOS Host, audio IMMEDIATELY is crackling until I focus back into Windows.

4. JiriV1

JiriV1 Bit poster

After the last update Parallels falls down twice a day :-(

5. Ladygin.ME

Ladygin.ME Bit poster

The same issue :-(
    No way for fixes?

6. SvenS19

SvenS19 Bit poster

Same problem in Coherence mode btw.
    Do we have to create an issue or something to get feedback from the developpers? No reaction here makes me sad. I just bought a subscription license to get update and support, have the first problem (that naively does not sound like a biggy but what do I know) and no reaction at all. Somewhat disappointing.

7. Hello, did you get the same issue with the latest Parallels Desktop version?

8. Hello, could you share a bit more information about the Coherence issue please?

9. SvenS19

SvenS19 Bit poster

10. Steve Klassen

Steve Klassen Bit poster

I'm having similar performance problems with my Ubuntu VMs. P17 seems to have taken Parallels from the best to the worst - virtually unusable.

11. SvenS19

SvenS19 Bit poster

Hi Maria, can you reproduce the issue with the stuttering sound? It's really easy to reproduce - see my older post.

12. Could you collect the technical report and post the report's ID here please?

13. SvenS19

SvenS19 Bit poster

Report-ID: 380545487

14. J.G.F.P.R

J.G.F.P.R Bit poster

Everything I have to say about version 17, which is the worst since long time, has been said above. And yes, I regret my update from V16 tot V17 a while ago. Because it's a while ago, I was hoping for quick fixes all the time, I cannot revert back to V16 anymore since V17 VM's are not working in V16. Checking for updates every day, and still hoping that Parallels will come up with an update ASAP. And next time when I have a good version like V16, I will count to 10 before updating.

15. SvenS19

SvenS19 Bit poster

The update (just some minutes ago) seems to solve the first sound problems. I did not check everything yet (have to check a Skype TelCo etc), but the simple check with playing sound (eg youtube) and set parallels/windows app in background works: the sound keeps playing smoothly, without any stuttering.

16. J.G.F.P.R

J.G.F.P.R Bit poster

Yes, I installed the update on all my machines and can confirm it's a big step forward.

17. PeterL35

PeterL35 Bit poster

Just installed the Parallels Version 17.1.0 (51516) on a late 2015 iMac (quad i5), it installed Parallels Tools and come up (took longer than I'm used to). I went into Windows Update and it says "This PC doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for Windows 11." I assume this has to do with TPM but I couldn't find any setting of information on how to verify the Parallel's update actually installed the TPM emulator.

18. Mystik

Mystik Bit poster

I have the same problem. On version 16 everything is fine. When I install 17, the mouse works very badly. I try from the first version 17 to the newest anyway, hoping something will change. Unfortunately, nothing changes and I'm still 16.

19. Ladygin.ME

Ladygin.ME Bit poster

20. Marianne1

Marianne1 Bit poster

Not for me. I installed 17.1.0 just 2 hours ago and sound cracked twice already... I've got Macbook pro 2020