How to install the ISO after the UUUP Download

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SWANDY, Oct 11, 2021.

1. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I followed the various instructions in various threads and the link to Bob's Hardware to create a Windows 10 ARM ISO file. I copied the file to a USB drive, but when I run it through Parallels 17, I keep getting a Windows error that stops the procedure and says there is no operating system. I even copied the entire set of directory structure that was created after the UUUP download and the I ran the indicated file using my Windows 11 ARM VM to download everything. I have never done this before and not sure what I am doing wrong or forgetting to do. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated as I would love to try this out with my Windows 10 HOME key.

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

What I forgot to mention is when the installation starts up in Parallels, it says that the ISO file has multiple versions of Windows and when I click on the arrows there is nothing but a blank space. When I click on the blank line, the installation starts but I quickly get to this screen. Maybe I did something wrong with the download and the selections I made at UUUPDUMP? Don't know at this point. Help!

Attached Files:

3. DarioS2

DarioS2 Bit poster

I successfully build ISO file on windows machine without problem (Windows 11 Insider Preview 22471.1000 (rs_prerelease) arm64), but when I start installation it breaks with error: The Secure Boot feature prevented the operating system form starting (TPM module is enabled in Paralles).
    So, I think we need to wait for Parallels update.

brunomelobr likes this.
  4. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Very difficult to know what to advise from afar. I used UUUPdump to download and create a Windows 11 22000.160 ISO, which I then used to create a new VM, which updated itself to the release build 22000.174.
    I started with this link posted by Pedro in another thread https://uupdump.net/download.php?id...3f5786ee&pack=en-gb&edition=core;professional which is preconfigured for 22000.160. I have never used UUUPDump before and made mistakes and had to start all over a few times. I did not know about or use Toms Guide. I made the ISO from a Windows 10 VM.

5. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I assume that is the Pro version of Windows 11. I already have a VM of the Pro edition but my key is for Windows 10 Home so I can't activate it. Thanks.

6. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

Yes Windows 11 pro and I had a Windows 10 pro license.

7. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

That's what I thought. My license is from Windows 10 HOME and really don't need the Pro version. That's why I was hoping to install the HOME edition of Windows 10 (via a UUPDUMP download), activate it with my existing key and the allow it to update to Windows 11. Thanks anyway.

AlexeyY1 likes this.
  8. JimmyZ1

JimmyZ1 Bit poster

I got this error when trying to create the ISO. any way you can help or might have experienced siimlar when you trying to go through this?

Attached Files:

9. AlexeyY1

AlexeyY1 Member

There is Home edition on uupdump. Just select edition you need:

https://uupdump.net/selectedition.php?id=fdb8a3c7-e28d-48e2-80fa-54673f5786ee&pack=en-us

10. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro

I am afraid I never saw anything like that.

11. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Thanks guys. Might try UUPDUMP again or just live with my PRO edition (that I did get activated with after purchasing a PRO key) and see what MS intends to do going forward. But thanks for the link Alexey

12. brunomelobr

brunomelobr Bit poster

Same problem here.

13. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Pro