Xbox app not installing games

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by LeoM5, Aug 16, 2021.

1. LeoM5

LeoM5 Bit poster

Hello, I have installed Parallels 17 trial on my MacBook Pro m1, atm I use windows 11 insider, and on xbox app they not installing here, says I need administrator, but I can't right click on app on win11 it not show run as administrator, also games who use battleye not run, like (tibia). Tried with windows 10 arm before install win11 and got same problems. I want purchase parallels but with these problems may I will skip =(.

Any tip?

2. PeterG29

PeterG29 Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem, except I have an M1 iMac.

For me, I can instal the Xbox app, but it will not launch.

I only need windows for Xbox game pass. Spent all afternoon yesterday troubleshooting. Very frustrating.

3. Derek13

Derek13 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue here. Xbox app won't even get past the launch screen before crashing.

4. yakovh

yakovh Bit poster

me too. the app opens up and closes itself immediately.

5. SB_1

SB_1 Bit poster

I am unable to download my games from Xbox app.

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please confirm if you are using Parallels desktop 17.1.1 version and still facing the issue.

7. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I am not the OP but I am running Parallels 17.1.1 and have had this xbox app issue of not being able to download/install apps for a while. From what I have read - and there is at least one thread in the M1 Mac forum here - and it is apparently an issue with ARM versions of Windows 11 and not just those running on a M1 Mac.