After updating to Version 17.1.0 (51516) I am now having issue with my Prolific USB com port

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gizmo-XL, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

I've been using V17.0 on my Mac mini 2018 Intel without a problem also but after updating to Version 17.1.0 (51516) I am now having issue with my Prolific USB com port. Windows 10 VM and Parallels see the port but it just does not work anymore.
    I use my Windows VM for my ham radio software and rig control. One or the applications is Yaesu Wires-X and it requires the Prolific driver com port to allow me to connect my radio right after the upgrade things stopped working.

2. DennisP3

DennisP3 Junior Member

Same here. I've been using V17.0 on my iMac macOS 11.6 Late 2015 Intel without a problem but after updating to Version 17.1.0 (51516) I am now having issues connecting with my Arduino Uno. I have no issue connecting on my iMac using the same cable, USB connector and Arduino Uno board. I tried connecting with Tera Term with no success. I put the Arduino into loopback configuration and the USB port is not transmitting when connected to Windows 10. When connected to my iMac, the same USB port works fine. I was programming the Arduino Uno immediately before the update, performed the update, and now cannot program after the update, within the same hour. I completely uninstalled the Arduino IDE and USB drivers, restart, completely installed with IDE version 1.8.16, restart, with no success. Device Manager reports no issues. The port is available for selection and the friendly port name is displayed, but the port does not work.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please create a support ticket https://kb.parallels.com/6571for the issue. Then collect technical report and send it to that ticket so that we can investigate further and help you out. Mention the 9 digit technical report id on that ticket. Please follow https://kb.parallels.com/9058 for sending technical report. Thanks, Parallels Team.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please create a support ticket https://kb.parallels.com/6571for the issue. Then collect technical report and send it to that ticket so that we can investigate further and help you out. Mention the 9 digit technical report id on that ticket. Please follow https://kb.parallels.com/9058 for sending technical report. Thanks, Parallels Team.

5. DennisP3

DennisP3 Junior Member

See support ticket #3076686

6. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

I used my time Time Machine backups to return to version 17.0.1 - 51482 and everything started working again. So it is the upgrade that caused the problem. The only thing I restored was Parallels and the tool box applications

TimothyH7 and DennisP3 like this.
  7. LucasF3

LucasF3 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I don't have much time to really help resolving the issue but would it be possible to get a download link for the previous version? That would be a very handy quick fix.
    Thanks in advance

8. AlexRT1

AlexRT1 Bit poster

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Did you manage to fix it?

9. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

I rolled back to 17.0.1 - 51482 using my time machine backups that returned things to a working state for me. We will need a new release I would think to repair the issue from them.

10. DennisP3

DennisP3 Junior Member

Parallels closed my ticket! Can you believe Parallels Support asked me to verify that the USB device connects to macOS using the outdated https://kb.parallels.com/111725 - Troubleshooting USB Devices in Parallels Desktop for Mac and then CLOSED my ticket?
    I followed the procedure and macOS detects the USB device. I reopened the ticket. All they had to do was read my post in which I will use my iMAC as a workaround until Parallels fixes the issue. I am disappointed in Parallels support and pleased with forum users!

DavidR56 likes this.
  11. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

Wow that sucks that they would do that. There a real problem that needs to be fixed...

12. DavidR56

DavidR56 Junior Member

I have this issue too my webcam is no longer working via USB after upgrade to version 17.1.0 (51516). Is there a route to go back to the previous version? I don't have time machine backups.

13. LucasF3

LucasF3 Bit poster

That's literally the least they could do which would entirely fix the issue...

DavidR56 likes this.
  14. Gizmo-XL

Gizmo-XL Bit poster

I don't know any other way myself. Maybe they can provide you a link to download the previous version so you can reinstall.

15. DavidR56

DavidR56 Junior Member

Yes, this exactly... can anyone help with this? Do I need to raise a ticket or something to get help with this? I am lost without my webcam being available, so can't join my work video calls

16. DavidR56

DavidR56 Junior Member

Fortunately I have been able to roll back to version 17.0.1 51482 by downloading an install file for it. So glad, as everything is working again. Parallels - you need to fix this, totally unacceptable, rather than just ignoring threads and closing peoples tickets.

CarlosF6 likes this.
  17. DavidS127

DavidS127 Bit poster

I updated to parallels 17 today and had the same issue, the com port is detected in windows but no traffic flows through it. I had to roll back to the latest parallels 16 to fix it as I don't have any snapshots with previous version 17 builds.

18. TimothyH7

TimothyH7 Bit poster

I have this exact same issue. Not sure I'm able to roll back to 51482

19. SteveH22

SteveH22 Bit poster

I'm having the same issues with usb devices as all of the folks above. If the problem isn't going to be fixed soon, I would at the least, like to have a simple path back to the previous version, which worked.

20. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team