Not possible to start programs after Windows 11 ARM installation

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AndreT7, Oct 30, 2021.

1. AndreT7

AndreT7 Bit poster

Did anyone experience the same problems?
    After a successful installations of Windows 11 ARM in Parallels Desktop 17 I am not able to start programs like "settings" etc.
    Did someone have a suggestion how to fix or what is wrong?

TammoD likes this.
  2. AntonK6

AntonK6 Bit poster

Same issue, just installed windows 11 22483 build on my new M1Pro and nothing works can not access any windows settings etc.. Any help?

3. MassimilianoC4

MassimilianoC4 Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue! I hope that someone can help us... Today I managed to have the "Settings" icon in the Start menu, but after waiting 2' I got the error "No software available for this action" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. RobinM12

RobinM12 Bit poster

I have the same problems!

Macbook Pro with M1 Pro Chip

5. AlexanderD19

AlexanderD19 Bit poster

Same for me, the VM is very laggy too.

6. GertG1

GertG1 Bit poster

Same problem here. The support has no answers. At the moment there is no way to W11 on M1!

7. ChristianS48

ChristianS48 Bit poster

Absolutely the same issue here. The ARM preview release for Win10 was working great, the update to Win11 was possible using Parallels vTPM2 - but trying to start apps like „settings" which obviously need administrative access won't work. Same picture with fresh installs using the latest win11 ARM download. So currently Win11 ARM release on M1 still is unusable for many users, confirmed by this thread.

8. CarlosF6

CarlosF6 Bit poster

Same issue here...

9. ChristianS48

ChristianS48 Bit poster

Event Viewer is reporting two frequent errors:
    1. Security-SPP: License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x800704CF (funny, if I need "settings" for activation)
    2. Application Error: Faulting application: SearchIndexer.exe; Faulting Module: KBDGR.DLL

10. ChristianS48

ChristianS48 Bit poster

The related System Errors in Event Viewer:
    1. The Windows Search Service terminated unexpectedly
    2. The Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. A related warning indicates permission problems with the local account (do not grant Local Activation permission).

11. AlexH26

AlexH26 Bit poster

12. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I have Windows 11 ARM installed (Windows 11 PRO, 21H2, build 22000.282) running under Parallels 17.1.0 (51516) and no issues starting, opening the setting menu or running the limited number of programs and game I have installed. I had gone back to the RELEASE version, which was updated to 22000.282. Last update was 2021-10 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for ARM64 (KB5006363) and several Antivirus definitions. Never turned back on the Insider Previews (as I was happy with this version being stable at least for me).

13. SchmidtbergerP

SchmidtbergerP Bit poster

Same Problem for me.... I can' open setting but the control pannel will work. There are a lot of errors in the event viewer about the search service!
    Also the System is very slow. Edge will start after a minute or so! I've installed Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Build 22483 and Parallels Business 17.1.0 (515160)

CarlosF6 likes this.
  14. DanielM71

DanielM71 Bit poster

Same problems. Just downloaded the vhx from microsoft as described and finished the installation. The VM does not work properly: Some clicks take many seconds to register, the Mac Mini M1 (with 16 GB RAM, running macOS 12.01, Parallels Desktop 17.1 downloaded today) shows 350% CPU in the activity monitor, can not open settings, almost nothing works apart from opening folders in the Explorer and Edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2021
    CarlosF6 likes this.
  15. istvan

istvan Bit poster

THE SAME:(

16. iGadget

iGadget Bit poster

The new build 22494 seems to fix al this :)

17. TammoD

TammoD Bit poster

Where did you get the VHDX file from? :)
    I desperately need this fixed

18. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

19. istvan

istvan Bit poster

20. ronaldok

ronaldok Bit poster

only intel processors.....