Mandatory upgrading?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bipbip, Nov 23, 2021.

1. bipbip

bipbip Bit poster

Hello,

Once I have purchased the full version, do I have to buy the upgrades when I update my operating system?
    I was using version 16.5, I just upgraded Mac OS from Catalina to Monterey and Parallel Desktop does not work anymore.
    Do I have to buy the upgrade to version 17?

Thank you in advance

2. LeaR

LeaR Bit poster

3. bipbip

bipbip Bit poster

Hi LeaR thanks for your answer.
    Parallels Desktop 16 should work with Monterey (newest Mac OS), but it is not the case, what is certain is that with 16.5 does not work
    Moreover there is an asterix which specifies that there can be issues.

This is not clear and I don't want to buy the Parallels Desktop latest version (40€) every time I upgrade Mac OS.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, Parallels Desktop for Mac 16 is compatible wit Mac OS Monterey. Please provide us more information about the issue you are facing so that we can understand better and help you out. Thanks, Parallels Team.

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

6. bipbip

bipbip Bit poster

Hello,
    i'have changed for v16.1 which is working so I haven't error message anymore.

The message I get when opening V16.5 was something like:
    Process: prl_client_app
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_client_app

7. bipbip

bipbip Bit poster

@DebasmitaM@Parallels
    If I buy version 17, would I be constrained to change, to upgrade, at the next update of MacOS 13 or can I keep same version on several macOS generations ?
    Please be clear