Bought a used m1 MacBook Pro, Parallels won't allow me to try their product before I buy.

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Touba, Jun 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Touba

Touba Bit poster

I want to try Parallels in m1 first before buying. Is there other way for me to test Parallels for m1? Thank you very much.

This is what parallels say whenever I click the 14 day trial: "We cannot offer you a new trial because a trial period has already been requested from this Mac. The previous trial has expired."

Attached Files:

2. Hello,
    did you already test it?

3. Touba

Touba Bit poster

Not yet. Thanks for the assistance.

4. PedroS7

PedroS7 Junior Member

I imagine the previous owner of the Mac used the trial before you bought it. But you might be able to get another one if you reformat it, maybe?

5. Touba

Touba Bit poster

Thanks for the response. I have already reformatted for six times but I stilll get the same problem: "We cannot offer you a new trial because a trial period has already been requested from this Mac. The previous trial has expired."

6. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello! I've created a 15-day temporary Parallels Desktop Pro key under your account to let you evaluate the product. Please go to https://my.parallels.com/ and sign into your account to get the info about your key. Copy it and paste it into the activation field in the product on your Mac. Hopefully, you'll like it!

7. IgnotasV1

IgnotasV1 Bit poster

Hello, guys I have same problem with mac pro m1, i want to try it to see how it works with ansys workbench/autocad and also see how with games .
    Can anyone help me?
    Please

Thanks

8. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello!
    Your case is a bit different. I see you've already activated a trial version for 16.5.0 (M1) a month and a half ago. We have some limitations that do not allow installing a trial version again on the same host within some period after the last trial period has ended. So, I'd recommend you purchase a license at our website https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buy/?new and if you don't like it, you can request a refund within a 30-day period as described in https://kb.parallels.com/123877 . Meanwhile, you'll also have a chance to ask our support representatives for help.

Have a nice day!

henrymonk likes this.
  9. MinaxiG

MinaxiG Bit poster

Dear sir,
    Even I have the prompt which says that " We cannot offer you a free trial because your Mac has already requested for a free trial and it has expired ". I have got a second hand Mac mini m1.

10. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello Minaxi,

Do I get you right that you have never used a trial on this host? We have some limitations and the licensing server is supposed not to allow activating Parallels Desktop on the same Mac with a trial key within a certain period of time.
    If you've never activated Parallels Desktop on this Mac with a trial key but the prompt in question has appeared for some reason, kindly collect a technical report as described in https://kb.parallels.com/9058 and send me its number in your reply. We'll have a look.

11. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

Lol funny ...:D
    Did that guy just pretended that he had never used the trial ? :rolleyes:

12. GraziK

GraziK Bit poster

Not sure if it is the same with me, just bought an used Macbook air and tried to test parallels and I got the message
    We cannot offer you a new trial because a trial period has already been requested from this Mac. The previous trial has expired.

But when I bought, the previous owner had formated the computer. Am I doing something wrong?

13. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you can not use trial version twice on one Mac. We would request you to purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac. As per our refund policy within 30 days of your product download purchase, you may request a full refund from Parallels for any reason. Please reach us back for any further queries.

14. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello,
    As a matter of exception, I've generated a temporary 10-day Parallels Desktop Pro license key under your grazi***@gmail.com account. Please use it to activate Parallels Desktop.

15. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

you are being so kind to the beggars and cheater trying to act like they are innocent and know nothing about can't use the free trial repeatedly lol

SWANDY likes this.
  16. RaghavendraK1

RaghavendraK1 Bit poster

MikhailU@Parallels,

I had just purchased a new Macbook Pro (M1 pro) around christmas and installed Parallels desktop. However, I met with an accident and could never try it out. I just want to make sure that the x64 programs I am interested in continue to work with the M1 Pro chip (which uses Arm64). Could you make an exception for me and help me with a 14 day trial?

Note: I did try to start a trial with a different gmail account. So that may show up in your records against my macbook too.

Thanks,
    Raghu

17. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello Raghavendra,
    In this case, we advise you to place an order and purchase a Parallels Desktop license https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buy-c/?full . If you aren't satisfied with the experience, you can arrange a refund within a 30-day period from the purchase date.

18. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

Yea yea yea , Jesus
    People like you are disgusting

19. lns

lns Bit poster

I have boutght this new mac form my friend,but I didn't know he has tried the pd17 before I have already reformatted for for times but I stilll get the same problem: "We cannot offer you a new trial because a trial period has already been requested from this Mac. The previous trial has expired."I'm very terrible now.I have never tried this tool.Who can give me some helps

20. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, unfortunately we won't be able to extend your trial period. we would request you to purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac. As per our refund policy within 30 days of your product download purchase, you may request a full refund from Parallels for any reason. Please reach us back for any further queries.