Getting message There are no virtual USB host controller ports available.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MickeyA1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. MickeyA1

MickeyA1 Bit poster

I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview(21296.1000) via the Parallels Technical Preview - latest update as of this writing. I am trying to connect 2 USB devices to this VM. One is a weather station via Acurite PC Connect software and the other is a Uniden Scanner - basically shows up as Comm Port 3 in the ProScan software and Device Manager. Both work fine independently. However, when I try to connect both by going into the USB Controller and selecting both of them I a get the message as follows.
    The USB device cannot be connected.
    There are no virtual USB host controller ports available in "Windows 10" for the "Chaney Instrument #2" device to be connected.
    The Comm 3 port is already selected and in use when selecting. I can see it in the Device Manager. Interestingly when I only have the Chaney Instrument connected, I have not been able to find in the Device Manager. Not sure where it is really hiding as I thought it would have been a comm port as well. I know from the old days, you could run two serial device as long as they were either on 1/3 and 2/4. I even suspected something like this but not finding the Chaney basically was telling I couldn't change the port. Anyways - this message is from Parallels Desktop and not Windows.
    Any ideas and thoughts would be appreciated? Do I really have a need to run both at once - not really - I just feel challenged.

--Mickey A

MikeB39 and huac like this.
  2. MikeB39

MikeB39 Bit poster

In the same boat here. Disappointed that support hasn't been more active in helping us understand the issue. I will 'watch' this post!!

huac and MickeyA1 like this.
  3. huac

huac Bit poster

在同一条船上。对支持没有更积极地帮助我们理解这个问题感到失望。

4. huac

huac Bit poster

在船上。失望地,支持没有更积极地帮助我们理解这个问题。

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

This should work in just realeased PD 16.5

6. huac

huac Bit poster

最新的PD16.5中还是USB设备无法连接

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

please reproduce the issue. Then go to Parallels Desktop Help -> Send Technical data; post here the report number

8. AsgerL

AsgerL Bit poster

I have same error

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi
    please reproduce the issue. Then go to Parallels Desktop Help -> Send Technical data; post here the report number

10. MatthewM27

MatthewM27 Bit poster

Mine happens frequently. Technical report number to Parallels is 405659928.