Autodesk Inventor unable to open 3D part/assembly files

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AnthonyK8, Feb 10, 2022.

1. AnthonyK8

AnthonyK8 Bit poster

Hello all,

I have a 2021 MBP with M1 Pro, 16GB unified memory and I am currently running Parallels version 17. I'm having issues opening part and assembly files on inventor. I can start the application perfectly fine and even open and edit drawing packages with no issues. But, whenever I open a part file or try to create a new part everything loads right to the point right before you select a plane to sketch on then it crashes and closes. I have reinstalled inventor and also used the reset utility. I have messed with graphics settings on parallels software and nothing seems to fix the problem. I have seen several videos of people getting inventor to work fine on apple silicon. Any help on this is appreciated!

2. JorenV

JorenV Bit poster

Hi Anthony, sorry i can't help you but since you seem to be able to run Inventor with no issues do you know how i can solve this issue (see attachment). Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

3. AnthonyK8

AnthonyK8 Bit poster

You need to find where the files actually are and either move them to that location or change the file path in application options.

4. JorenV

JorenV Bit poster

I changed them but that messed everything up. I had to reinstall and now im back to the original file paths... which ones did you change?

Attached Files:

5. AnthonyK8

AnthonyK8 Bit poster

Find the content center in your finder, press option then right click and copy as file path. Next paste it in the content center file path.