no access rights to open or save in win 11 ARM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RiccardoC6, Apr 18, 2022.

1. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Junior Member

Hi all, I recently purchased a standard edition of Parallels 17 - version 17.1.2 (51548) . I installed Win11 on ARM on it.
    The problem I'm facing is about "access rights" on the files I try to open or save (expecially on Dropbox).
    Since I have my commercial license of Autocad on it, I'd also like to use it!
    I just installed the softwares and did anything else, but I get this message. (See Screenshot attached here)
    Any suggestion to solve the problem?
    Thanks much

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello RiccardoC6, please refer to the knowledge base article to fix the access denied issue on Parallels Desktop. Thanks.

3. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Junior Member

Thanks, but I can't understand the article.. It says it refers to parallels 15 or earlier versions if you cant access the virtual machine. I just cant open or save files once I already am in Win11. Anyway I followed the first steps util I localized the *.mem file, obtained info and checked that the machine is not locked and (me) the user has read and write permissions. It looks all ok, but nothing changed.

4. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, We could see from the screenshot that you facing issues while saving files on AutoCAD software. Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/128833 to resolve the issue.
    Thanks,
    Asish

RiccardoC6 likes this.
  5. RiccardoC6

RiccardoC6 Junior Member

I should have solved the problem, thanks much!