USB to Serial Device - Windows 11 ARM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by BryanB10, Nov 15, 2021.

1. BryanB10

BryanB10 Bit poster

I am trying to connect a USB to Serial cable to my computer (M1 MacBook Pro) running the latest version of parallels. I can configure the cable in the parallels configuration, it shows as recognized and working on the windows VM, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't actually work. I cannot seem to find any drivers or any cables that have drivers for ARM based windows 10 or 11. I have also tried the standard USB to Serial Modem driver in Windows 11, to no avail. Anyone have any cables that are working or any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

WladimirG1 and JoelS13 like this.
  2. JoelS13

JoelS13 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. I use a USB-C to Serial adapter with Prolific PL-2303RA chipset. I was able to use other forums' suggestion to roll back driver on a Dell XPS13 with Windows 11, but I cannot get prolific drivers to even show up in Windows 11 ARM on M1 MacBook Pro 13.

3. WladimirG1

WladimirG1 Bit poster

Any updates on this?

4. JehadA

JehadA Bit poster

Has this issue been resolved I also have the same issue?

5. gregsr

gregsr Bit poster

Do you know which chipset your cable is using?

6. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

no :(
    this is the only known solution (as far as i know): #46

7. gregsr

gregsr Bit poster

It works if you have the proper ARM driver for the chipset used in your cable or external device. I use a FTDI ARM driver with an FTDI chip and it works fine.

SunayM likes this.
  8. SunayM

SunayM Bit poster

I am Having the Same issue With Cadcye CA-u9 USB Serial Adapter , Tried Various Versions Of Driver

9. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

with the new parallels desktop version 18 there is now a comprehensive solution: #34

SunayM likes this.
  10. SunayM

SunayM Bit poster

Well. I Ordered aFTDI chip and downloaded FTDI ARM driver, Now it works fine with FTDI CHIP...

11. Kai Klippenberg

Kai Klippenberg Bit poster

I have the same problem with an Uten UC232A. They told me it was to old so I just bought a new ATEN UC232A with the latest PL-2303 CG chip but it still don't work.
    I also bought an Akyga AK-CO-02 but their Windows 11 drivers does not work. I don't know what chip they use...

12. RomanA6

RomanA6 Bit poster

Which one did you buy?

13. MattS34

MattS34 Bit poster

Hi did you end up having any luck with the Prolific PL-2303RA chipset. I have not been able to get it to work.

14. AndreaB4

AndreaB4 Bit poster