Custom dashboard arrangement

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by RickM7, May 28, 2022.

1. RickM7

RickM7 Bit poster

I noticed I can rearrange the dashboard icons, but it would be nice if that arrangement would "stick". My dashboard resets to a default scrambled arrangement whenever one of the tools is used.

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello Rick!
    Could you describe your scenario once again: are there any additional steps you do that might cause it (changing system language)?

3. RickM7

RickM7 Bit poster

Hi
    What I did as a test was this; I rearranged a couple of the tools on the dashboard, I selected the gear icon on the Capture Area tool, the tool opens with the tool settings displayed, I close the tool and the icons I previously rearranged return to the default positions. Repeated the test with several other tools. Sometimes selecting the gear, other times I just opened and closed the tool.
    No other actions were taken while conducting the tests.

The arrangement goes back to a default state (the default state is the order in which the tools were selected as a favourite) whenever any tool is opened (do not have to use the tool), that includes selecting the gear icon associated with a tool. I have a Macbook Air M1 (2020 version). The tools work great otherwise.
    Thanks

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi Rick,
    Thank you a lot for the detailed description. I've submitted the feature request to our R&D Team.