Hide Menu Icons Constantly Rearranging Icons

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ChrisI2, Jun 2, 2022.

1. ChrisI2

ChrisI2 Bit poster

Since the June 1st update, I have constantly received a little pop-up window saying Rearranging the icons whenever I change which monitor I am interracting with. This window takes focus and it interrupts anything that I am trying to work on then will go away after about 2-5 seconds. There arent any icons actually being moved or even interacted with when this pops up.

This appears to be something with the way it is handling the second monitor. When I try to use the new floating window, it works fine on the extended monitor but says there aren't any items in the hidden set on the internal display. Its like it has totally different settings for each display.

Is anyone else getting this behavior?

2. MichaelS169

MichaelS169 Bit poster

I am! It's very frustrating.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  3. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, We request you to uninstall the Parallels Toolbox and reinstall it by following the steps from this link: https://kb.parallels.com/123931 and check. Thanks.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  4. Fabio17

Fabio17 Junior Member

I had the same problem. Also another one, that the icons could not be re-arranged at all. It was extremly buggy.
    Reinstallation fixed it somehow. But new bugs appeared. I don't understand why it can't update itself properly. Only after reinstallation I was shown the option to "show as floating panel", but it does not disappear after 20 seconds and a clicked app is moved in the menu bar where it sits, no matter if the menu bar is hidden or not. Also the floating panel changes so black sometimes and the icons are invisible then.
    It is extremly buggy and the only app I am using from the toolbox. Please fix it. Also it crashed a lot, here a some IDs 399480381, 399480121.

5. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, We request you to create a support ticket by following this link: https://www.parallels.com/support/ to investigate the issue further. Thanks.

6. Fabio17

Fabio17 Junior Member

This is exactly what I did here. Your website states that I can only get support through facebook, twitter, telegram bot and community support. I don't have fb, twitter or telegram also I don't want to use this social media to be able to get into support contact with you.
    The only option left is this community forum. So I posted my issues here. Please just forward it to the developers, thank you. I have no time to figure out how one is supposed to get support here with a support ticket without having to register social media accounts.
    thanks

MatthewR20 and AliA38 like this.
  7. AliA38

AliA38 Bit poster

People are leaving social media in droves so providing support through them for paid customers should not be the only method.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  8. KennethF

KennethF Member

I am having the same problem on my M2. Constantly "rearranging icons" freezing my machine for 30 seconds or more.
    I'm using Parallels 18.3.1 (53614) and Toolbox 6.5.0. This is not OK.

9. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings,
    To proceed with an investigation, kindly collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    While the report is gathering, you can paste the link in the issue description so we could test it locally.
    Then copy the 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ronot and MatthewR20 like this.
  10. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings Jean-François,
    Thank you for the information provided.
    We will investigate it further and once we have an update, we will get back to you.
    Let us know if you have any additional questions.
    Stay tuned!

11. Timov

Timov Bit poster

Is there any update on this? I switched over to a M2 MacBook Pro a few days ago and this problem is really annoying and hurting my productivity. I'm now at the point of removing the toolbox altogether and cancel my subscription

12. Richard U

Richard U Bit poster

Same problem here with Sonoma 14.0.
    It makes the Mac completely unusable.
    Going back to Bartender.

13. JohnB126

JohnB126

The "Rearranging icons" notification you're seeing might be related to a bug introduced after a recent update. It sounds like the system is incorrectly detecting a monitor change and triggering an icon rearrangement process even though no icons are being moved.

Possible Solutions:

1. Check for Updates: Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed. These updates often contain bug fixes that may resolve the issue you're experiencing.
    2. Disable Automatic Icon Rearrangement: Some systems have a setting that automatically rearranges icons whenever a monitor is connected or disconnected. Try disabling this setting to see if it stops the pop-up.
    3. Reset Taskbar Settings: Resetting the taskbar settings can sometimes fix glitches related to icons and notifications.
    Finding Help Online:

If none of the above solutions work, consider searching for more specific solutions online. Here are some resources that might be helpful:

• Search for "[Windows version] + Rearranging icons bug" (Replace "[Windows version]" with your actual Windows version, e.g., "Windows 11 + Rearranging icons bug").
    • Look at online forums related to your specific operating system or hardware.
    • Consider reaching out to tech support for your computer's manufacturer.
    Social Media Marketing in Pune:

While I can't directly help with your technical problem, I can point you in the direction of resources if you're looking for social media marketing (SMM) services in Pune.

Here's a link to a company offering SMM services in Pune: Best SMA companies in Pune: https://osumare.com/best-social-media-marketing-sma-agency-company-in-pune-india

Hopefully, this information helps you resolve the annoying pop-up and potentially connect with an SMM agency if needed.