Use Windows 11 Product Key

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SantiagoP1, Jul 17, 2022.

1. SantiagoP1

SantiagoP1 Bit poster

So I got Parallels for my MacBook Air M1 (2020) with the 14-day free trial and it has ended so I am going to buy a physical copy of Windows 11 to use Parallels on. Before I buy it, I want to know if I still have to pay Parallels even if I use the product key to run Windows and I also want to know if I can use a product key on Parallels in the first place. Thanks in advance!

2. SantiagoP1

SantiagoP1 Bit poster

But what am I supposed to do if I want to activate Windows 11 on Parallels?

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

4. lucasbuerk

lucasbuerk Bit poster

Hi there,
    my 14-day trial for Mac has ended and I purchased the full version of Parallels. When trying to install/activate my new desktop version for Mac, the system asks for a confirmation with a key from a previous version. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere as my free trial version is not listed in the subscription section. Can you guys help me?

5. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, Please be informed that in order to activate Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license you must have a Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license to act like the previous version key while activation. If you don't have any Parallels Desktop legacy permanent license, if confirmed we will be able to initiate the refund for either Parallels Desktop for Mac Upgrade license so that you can purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac full license. Thanks.

6. lucasbuerk

lucasbuerk Bit poster

Could you tell me where I can find out if I have a legacy permanent license? Who should I contact if I do not have a legacy permanent license?

7. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Please help us with your possible email addresses over there so that we can check this further. Thanks.

8. RaymoonR

RaymoonR Bit poster

And why would you buy Windows 11 for a Macbook when it has its own operating system? I don't see the point, my friend. Especially now Windows 11 cannot yet be called a good OS that you can use, because it is full of bugs and lags. Many applications simply do not function on this operating system, so it seems to me that we still need to wait at least a couple of years when Microsoft fixes all the bugs in this OS, and we can use it. However, I think that even if you want to use Windows 11, it's better to find reddit windows keys legit than to buy this key in the official store.

9. CamInceC

CamInceC Bit poster

Congrats on your new MacBook Air M1! Regarding your question, you should be able to use your Windows 11 product key to activate it on Parallels without having to pay for Parallels again. However, you will need to purchase a license for Parallels separately if you want to continue using it to run Windows 11.

10. CamInceC

CamInceC Bit poster

added some additional info here and fixed mistakes. Thanks