LOOP To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac - Parallels 15 in MacOS Monterrey

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by juanc31, Feb 28, 2022.

1. juanc31

juanc31 Bit poster

endless loop "To complete Parallels Desktop setup, please restart your Mac."
    Rebooted it 20 times, keep getting same message.
    (latest version 15 downloaded today from parallels.com)
    Tried several times followed by reboot or not followed by reboot the following:
    • sudo kextcache --clear-staging
    • prlsrvctl shutdown
    • allowed from system preferences
    • downloaded from apple store but I don't have a license for latest version
    I feel robbed, I will not upgrade to version 17 until I have my version 15 working.

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

3. juanc31

juanc31 Bit poster

Nothing mentioned in the article you provided helped at all in resolving my issue, still not able to run version 15. Now curiously, latest version 17 works like a charm when I gave it a try. Interesting!
    Now, this version 15 I have it originally installed on a different mac system, on that one still works when I tried. Let me clarify, I'm not trying to use one license in 2 different systems, I'm just transitioning from one to the other and that is why I can see still see it working on the older system.
    Any ideas????

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, are you using Mac OS Monterey?

5. juanc31

juanc31 Bit poster

No, Windows 95.
    Are you serious? Didn't you take the time to read the title of this thread? Jeez, yes it's mac os monterrey in case you still didn't figure out.
    How much longer until I get an answer that will allow me to use a software I paid for ?

6. juanc31

juanc31 Bit poster

I guess it takes additional time to get an answer when customers get ironic (meaning, on top of an ALREADY EXTREMELY SLOW CUSTOMER SERVICE response time)

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, thank you for the clarification and we apologize for the delayed response. We would like to inform that Parallels Desktop 15 is not compatible with Mac OS Monterey. Please visit this KB article for checking the compatibility. If you are using M1 then, only Windows 11 will be supported on your M1 machine. Any Intel-Based virtual machine is not supported on M1 Mac.

8. juanc31

juanc31 Bit poster

So, is Parallels 17 M1 compatible?

9. AbingdonS

AbingdonS Bit poster

I think, if not wrong, that this is a users' group forum and someone trying to help you is not a Parallels employee

10. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, yes, Parallels Desktop 17 is compatible with M1 Mac. Please visit this KB article to know more.

11. IliasZ

IliasZ Bit poster

Hello,
    I get the same message "to complete parallels desktop setup please restart your mac" after my update to os Ventura. I have version 15 and now it's unable to do anything. I even bought the 18 upgrade but it's not possible to install it now since the software doesn't start at all.

Could you please let me know how I can solve it? If I have to reinstall the software, is there an option not to lose the installed Windows and my files?

Thanks

12. Ian L

Ian L Bit poster

I have the same issue here.
    @IliasZ have you figured this out yet? Thanks!

13. IliasZ

IliasZ Bit poster

14. Wojtek4

Wojtek4 Bit poster

i have the same issue after upgrade to Ventura, parallels version 15 stop working... I tried https://kb.parallels.com/en/129191 no helping, tried tips from other similar topics no helping...

Only when i installed the latest version "trial" everything is working, but this is not solution i paid for standalone licence and i though using this tool more than 2 years...

Bonsai1 likes this.
  15. Bonsai1

Bonsai1 Bit poster

i have the same issue after upgrade to Ventura, parallels version 15 stop working... I tried https://kb.parallels.com/en/129191 several times and still not working! Please help - your customer service via messenger and twitter are not responding for several days now..!

16. JohnB113

JohnB113 Bit poster

Same here. Have a paid for version of Parallels that has been working just fine for 3 years, and now with Ventura I too end up in this repeating loop and am unable to use the app at all.