HASP driver on M1 Max Macbook w/Parallels Windows 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ARGAS, Dec 1, 2021.

1. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

To know your Mac hostname, open Terminal and you will see it right away. The letters between "@" and "~ %" is your Mac host name.
    Network setting in Parallels: just use the default one - shared network.
    There are a few caveats that you may want to know as well.
    1) You may need to set the portproxy again each time you reinstall the runtime environment in your virtual windows 11.
    2) On the mac (the host), if you are using a commercial antivirus software that comes with a private firewall, remember to set an exception to let incoming TCP and UDP communication from your virtual windows 11 (you may need the ip address of your windows virtual machine to do this). Otherwise, Analyzer on your virtual windows 11 won't be able to detect the HASP key connected to your Mac.
    How to know the address? On your virtual windows 11, open a command prompt and type ipconfig and enter: your virtual windows 11 ip address = ipv4 address.

2. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To know your Mac hostname, open Terminal and you will see it right away. The letters between "@" and "~ %" is your Mac host name.
    Network setting in Parallels: just use the default one - shared network.
    There are a few caveats that you may want to know as well.
    1) You may need to set the portproxy again each time you reinstall the runtime environment in your virtual windows 11.
    2) On the mac (the host), if you are using a commercial antivirus software that comes with a private firewall, remember to set an exception to let incoming TCP and UDP communication from your virtual windows 11 (you may need the ip address of your windows virtual machine to do this). Otherwise, Analyzer on your virtual windows 11 won't be able to detect the HASP key connected to your Mac.
    How to know the address? On your virtual windows 11, open a command prompt and type ipconfig and enter: your virtual windows 11 ip address = ipv4 address.

3. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

I quoted again from VincentBB's solution:
    You have to install dongle drivers on MacOS. You must AVOID to redirect USB to the Windows VM.
    Then on the windows execute this command line with administrator rights :
    netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=localhost listenport=1947 connectaddress=YourMacHostName.lan connectport=1947

Please see also my post #47 in case you have any other questions.

4. pasjac

pasjac Bit poster

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai suivi vos procédure mais n'arrive pas à faire fonctionner ma clé et Windev du coup ne démarre pas, est ce que quelqu'un peut m'aider SVP.
    Cordialement,
    Pascal

5. gabrieleb4

gabrieleb4 Bit poster

I can't see VincentBB solution post. can someone repost it. thanks

6. Horacio

Horacio Bit poster

Hi HiuM1, is there a way, to CONFIRM in the Windows end, that the HASP dongle is properly being "mirrored" to Windows? I see it in localhost:1947, on the Mac end, but I don't see it on the windows end. When I type the command "netsh interface...." on cmd, there is no output or confirmation.
    Thanks in advance for all your help. I hope I can get this to work.

7. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

Hi,
    There is no output for the command "netsh interface...." on cmd.
    But you could check on cmd by typing this: netsh interface portproxy show v4tov4
    it should show you something like this below:
    Address Port Address Port
    --------------- ---------- --------------- ----------
    localhost 1947 YourMacHostName.local 1947

8. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

BTW,
    When you type this "http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html" in the browser on both mac and your virtual windows machines.
    you should see the dongle in mac but not in windows.

9. ErkanM

ErkanM Bit poster

Hi,
    I understand windev program can overcome hasp issue. I've decided to give a chance to that method vincentBB has shared. When I searched the web for download the app I saw its licensing is one thousand dollar. Did you all pay for it or is there another way or trail version of it?

10. TanB1

TanB1 Bit poster

hmm... I downloaded Sentinel_Runtime.dmg on my MacBook Air m1. Insert the dongle and went to "http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html". I only saw a Demoma - evaluation under sentinel key. Is that normal?
    ran the netsh and fail to open my app due to security key failed.

11. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

Hello,

You should be able to see your dongle in mac when you go to "http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html" but not on windows
    If you see only demoma, it means it didn't even been detected on mac an it is not possible for the virtual windows to see it through mac

12. TanB1

TanB1 Bit poster

Hi Thanks for the fast response!
    I was checking on my Mac for "http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html". It did not detect my dongle in that case. Did I do something wrong? or my dongle is not compatible? I am using Superpro.

13. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I don't know if your software is compatible or not.... maybe you should ask the software company.
    However, a restart of your computer may help.

14. pasjac

pasjac Bit poster

Bonjour,
    J'ai installé l'ensemble des fonctionnalité et mon dongle est bien actif et fonctionnel, mais j'ai des problèmes avec le logiciel WinDev qui plante régulièrement. est ce que quelqu'un a rencontré ce problème ?
    Dans l'attente de vous lire
    Cordialement,

Good morning,
    I have installed all the features and my dongle is active and functional, but I have problems with the WinDev software that crashes regularly. has anyone encountered this problem?
    Looking forward to reading you
    Sincerely,

vTable invalide à l'adresse 0x313d000e
    Pile:
    0x313d000e
    0x3c355e50
    0xd8d1cac3
    0x02050478
    0x57606079
    ID(0)=0 ID(4)=0
    Informations techniques
    Que s'est-il passé ?
    vTable invalide à l'adresse 0x313d000e
    Pile:
    0x313d000e
    0x3c355e50
    0xd8d1cac3
    0x02050478
    0x57606079
    ID(0)=0 ID(4)=0

Code erreur : 0
    Niveau : pas d'erreur
    Module : WinDev64.exe (01F280051n - 28.0.183.3)
    Pascal

15. LemonX

LemonX Bit poster

Can you please rec some video tutorial? I'm only basic user and not exactly understand how to solve the problem. THX regard Jiri

16. Jovian30

Jovian30 Bit poster

Thank you for all the help.

Like many others here, I installed the Mac drivers (Sentinel 8.53), but the usb key does not seem be recognised by the sentinel driver using
    http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html

The key is showing up in the USB section of the Apple System Information. It is a rather old Rainbow Technology Key. It is being recognised, however, on an Intel-based iMac in Windows in Parallels using the native windows driver.... I guess it is a problem with the Sentinel driver for macOS.

17. Jovian30

Jovian30 Bit poster

18. Jovian30

Jovian30 Bit poster

This is excellent news. I tried the Sentinel drivers and the dongle is NOT being detected on port 1947. Which HASP LDK did you install?

19. horaciof

horaciof Bit poster

Hi I've been following this thread for several months... I'm on the same boat as everyone here. Googling today I read that Sentinel has released drivers version 9, that according to their website (https://docs.sentinel.thalesgroup.c...otes/130-Supported_Platforms_for_Sentinel.htm) offers support for Windows 11 ARM 22H2 (only protected with Licensing API). I'm not sure what Licensing API means? Has anyone tried installing version 9?

20. JosephS14

JosephS14 Bit poster

Well this note suggests it won't work for most people as most companies give the USB lock:

Sentinel HASP keys and Sentinel HL (HASP configuration) keys are not supported.

At least until they compile the driver for ARM, which maybe they have unofficially but my subscription to parallels ran out and won't be renewing until the HASP keys actually do work.