Internet connectivity issue since upgrade to PD 18.x in my Windows 11 VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CyrilleM2, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

To further investigate the issue you encountered, we have created a ticket and will contact you by email.

2. Pavel Merkulov

Hello,

To further investigate the issue you encountered, we have created a ticket and will contact you by email.

3. Richard3

Richard3 Member

No longer have the Intel MacBook Pro but until I stopped using it I had the problem. I had already put in a proper ticket and collected requested information - I hope that helps, otherwise I haven't any more information to give nor reason to follow the issue any longer.

Best of luck.

4. MartinM42

MartinM42 Bit poster

Hi, are there any updates to this case? I've still the same issue. Daily I have to reboot my device twice until the network connection works. Issue since the last update to 18.X. Already tried to change the network settings without success.

MitchL likes this.
  5. Pavel Merkulov

Hello,

Please, collect technical report:

1. Run the Virtual Machine.
    2. Reproduce the issue.
    3. Collect a technical report(click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID

MartinM42 likes this.
  6. IvanR8

IvanR8 Bit poster

txs for the tip.. i confirm bridged mode was working at 2mbps before activating network conditionin. After activating it, it went up to 400 mpbs as it should.

7. NikitaS6

NikitaS6 Bit poster

Parallels Version 18.1.1 (53328) running on MBP Apple M1 Pro 14". Windows 11 ARM. Network works normal and after several hours disapear until full reboot of Windows.

8. MartinM42

MartinM42 Bit poster

Hi, you should recived the report. 417914694

9. EzequielT

EzequielT Bit poster

This happens to me too since upgrading to Parallels 18. Without conditioning turned on, network is super slow (about 100-300KB/s, with conditioning (WiFi option) on it goes full speed as older Parallels used to do). With conditioning on, network works fine for a while and then all connections are interrupted (especially when downloading something). Disabling conditioning sometimes recovers (back to super slow speed), and enabling it again sometimes goes back to full speed for a while. Often, the network option in the menu bar ignores changes from it, and I have to go to the VM settings and switch off conditioning and on again from there. This happens in Shared Network, and also in Bridged Network, although in the latter it happens more frequently.
    Macbook Pro 2019 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 64GB RAM, VM running Windows 11 with 4 cores and 16GB RAM. Mac is connecting via Wifi to my DSL router.

MitchL likes this.
  10. GertA2

GertA2 Bit poster

Same problem with Parallels 18.2.0 and OSx 12.6.3 on my 16" MacBook Pro. I have tried to change the adapter type to Intel(R) Gigabyte CT (82574L) and activated Network Conditioner with unlimited settings. I still some times have dropouts, but the connection is after a short time reestablished and I can continue to work. In the past I had to reboot my Windows 10 several times every day for getting the network up and run again. It mostly happened when copying big files/folders like 2-3GByte from our server or downloading install files from the internet in the same amount of data, here it almost happened every time.

A strang thing is that we have 2 other employee running Parallels 18, they do not have this problem. But they are running Parallels 18 Desktop, I have Parallels 18 Desktop Pro. Could there be something in the Pro licens that makes the different? It has the Advanced Virtual Networking tools.

11. BamFisk

BamFisk Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Sent the report. 419275355.

MitchL likes this.
  12. GrahamB4

GrahamB4 Junior Member

I also have the same problem and having been chasing it for days now. Hopefully we'll have a solution soon from Parallels

MitchL likes this.
  13. GrahamB4

GrahamB4 Junior Member

I have done all suggested in https://kb.parallels.com/8978 and more. Even configured fixed ip addresses all to no avail.
    I have sent report No 419535420

14. GertA2

GertA2 Bit poster

This fixed the problem for 2 days, now I am back with daily disconnected LAN interface and Windows reboot required. Have sent report no 419671750

15. GrahamB4

GrahamB4 Junior Member

My suggestion to you is to roll back to 17.1.6 and await resolution to the problem in 18.02 that is now being investigated by Parallels

16. BamFisk

BamFisk Bit poster

Parallels Team! Any update on this? Rolling back is not something that should have to be done at this point considering how long this has been a reported issue.

17. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    The steps below are supposed to fix your issue:
    - open the virtual machine configuration as per https://kb.parallels.com/117287 > Options > Optimization > Resource usage > Move the slider to 'No limit'.
    If it doesn't, kindly collect a fresh report at the moment of reproduction and share it with us, please.

18. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    I advise you to try applying the following workaround and check if it helps:
    https://kb.parallels.com/129589
    Kindly let me know the results.

19. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the issue, please collect a technical report:
    1. Run the Virtual Machine.
    2. Reproduce the issue.
    3. Collect a technical report(click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks

20. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Make sure that the Virtual Machine is Shutdown (Actions on top of the mac menu bar > select Shutdown).
    2. Open the virtual machine configuration ( see: https://kb.parallels.com/117287 ) > Options > Optimization.
    3. Set "Resource usage" to "No Limit".
    4. Follow the steps in this article as a work-around: https://kb.parallels.com/129589
    If the issue still persists, kindly collect a fresh report at the moment of reproduction and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks