Word couldn't verify your Microsoft 365 Subscription

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JimB12, Feb 22, 2023.

1. JimB12

JimB12 Bit poster

I keep getting the error message "Word couldn't verify your Microsoft 365 Subscription". I'm running Parallels 18.2 on an M1 Macbook Pro (Using windows 11 on insider preview)

I've also had issues with Excel saying it can't refresh some data because there was no internet connection

Yet I can browse the web, and i'm getting the "connected to ethernet" symbol at in the bottom task bar. the VM clearly has internet access. Thanks in advance for the help!

RoyJ1 likes this.
  2. WilliamM27

WilliamM27 Bit poster

I have the same issue; I wonder if the latest update to Parallels or a recent Office 365 update cause this?

JimB12 and RoyJ1 like this.
  3. WA_1

WA_1 Bit poster

Just to pile on...same issue here. It definitely started after an update. I can't quite tell if it was Parallels 18 or a Microsoft 365 update, though. Microsoft does an update almost every week so it's hard to tell.

4. RoyJ1

RoyJ1 Bit poster

Hey, I've had the same problem, go to this youtube:
    I forwarded through a bit of the youtube because a fair amount of it is watching them wait for their computer to go through the steps. I did what they said, made sure both windows and parallels was updated, and restarted. At first I didn't think it worked, but then when I shut down again and restarted it took care of the error. I hope this helps you!

5. JimB12

JimB12 Bit poster

This issue really needs to be resolved. Uploading word docs and excel files to OneDrive when on Parallels VM has basically become unusable.

6. WA_1

WA_1 Bit poster

This issue magically went away after I updated Windows today.

7. JimB12

JimB12 Bit poster

Yeah mine tentatively seems to have gone away also. Word had no sign in prompt, but excel did. Luckily, the sign in button finally worked in excel and (so far) seems to be working. I also updated Windows yesterday

8. NickF2

NickF2 Junior Member

Hi does anyone know what the magic was? I have the same problem, it hasn't magically gone away. Rest network adapters, ran ipconfig /flushdns, ran netsh, still no joy.
    So from the VM I can open edge, and log into my Microsoft account. I have re-installed Office and still get the same issues.

9. NickF2

NickF2 Junior Member

Actually, can that. just roll back to a previous snapshot, then let everything update.....

10. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Previously, we had similar cases with MS Office and Windows Insider Preview. It has some peculiarities and issues.

Therefore, we recommend you to switch from Beta Channel or the Release Preview Channel so you could get a Stable version.

More information you can find either across the internet or on official Microsoft's website: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/leave-program

As an easiest way, we strongly recommend you to create a new stable Windows 11 virtual machine release version that was announced by Microsoft on October 5, 2021 using the steps below:

1. Create new Virtual Machine (click Parallels icon > Control Center)
    2. In the upper right corner, click on the "+" button.
    3. In the window that appears, click "Continue".
    4. In the window that appears, click "Get Windows 11 from Microsoft" > "Install Windows".
    5. Wait until the virtual machine is installed.

You can copy necessary files from one virtual machine to another by drag'n'drop, copy/paste or through shared folders (https://kb.parallels.com/en/122567 )

If the issue still persists even within new virtual machine, collect an additional technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this e-mail.

Should you have any additional questions, let us know.

Thank you

Best regards,