Apple ID login in macOS guest OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JonC8, Oct 12, 2021.

1. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

This has been a known problem with the Apple Hypervisor on Apple Silicon. Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion do not have a workaround. Apple needs to fix it.

2. AleksandarP

AleksandarP Bit poster

Another +1. Can't drag n drop between my Mac and my VM Mac, can't sign in with my VM Mac. This just sucks.

3. ParthP2

ParthP2 Bit poster

Has there been any update on this issue? Running M1 Mac Studio with Ventura and trying to install Monterey VM but non of the features are working. Is there any workaround?

4. David MC

David MC Member

Parallels, please provide an update. Is Apple willing to address these issues? Even if you say "yes but we have to wait for macOS 14", or something, ANYTHING, please throw us a bone

5. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, Apple does not provide a roadmap for expanding their framework.

As soon as changes to the Apple framework occur, our development team makes changes to the Parallels Desktop updates.

In Parallels Desktop 18.3, which was released yesterday, we also extended the MacVM functionality.

6. IvarH1

IvarH1 Bit poster

I am on 18.3 and still cannot log into iCloud in a macOS VM on apple silicon

7. Jeff Donovan

Jeff Donovan Bit poster

Best Answer
    As an update, I was able to download the InstallAssitant.pkg for the Sonoma Developer Beta just released and, unfortunately, it does not yet fix the issues of being able to sign into your Apple account from the OS. There is a thread regarding this complaint on the developer forums that has been long-running and has been updated in the last day with the following (AppleID Login failing in virtualiz... | Apple Developer Forums):

I got confirmation that the Apple ID story hasn't changed (r. 102844895). It's definitely a priority -- partly based on the number of bugs that you folks have filed! -- but, as always, I can't make any promises about The Futureā„¢.

Share and Enjoy​

Hopefully, with enough upvotes and feedback, this will become a priority and a solution before Sonoma goes Public Beta as this affects a lot of us and our multitude of use cases.

8. MagnusN1

MagnusN1 Bit poster

9. MagnusN1

MagnusN1 Bit poster

.. apologies, my post is strictly not related to the AppleID login issue, but for me, I wanted to do both things - AppleID Login within the VM + upgrade to beta Sonoma.

10. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    1. Apple ID: It is currently impossible to sign in with your Apple ID in a macOS ARM VM due to limitations of macOS virtual machines on Mac computers with Apple M-series Chip.
    Kindly refer to this article for more info: https://kb.parallels.com/128867
    2. To create a macOS 14 Sonoma virtual machine from IPSW on Mac with Apple Silicon kindly refer to the steps in this article: https://kb.parallels.com/129770
    Thank you.

11. RopeH

RopeH Bit poster

12. RopeH

RopeH Bit poster

oh! they also accused me of not just running a VM but using Xcode to load an emulation of the os and software and running them that way too. so, emulated systems across multiple apps seem to have that code say its not genuine

13. nick.ashton

nick.ashton Bit poster

its also still not working in Parallels 19

14. David MC

David MC Member

i have ALSO filed a bug on this, and also tweeted (x'd??) it.

15. ChristianH50

ChristianH50 Bit poster

The problem still exists for me as of today. "Unknown error" during the install process, "Verification Error" when I try to log into the Apple ID from settings later. Macbook Pro M1 Max.

16. JolineA

JolineA

This is still a problem with macOS 14.4.1 and Parallels version 19.3.0 (54924).